PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo Comp One crankset BB options?

d_douglas
01-18-2018, 12:50 PM
I am looking at the chance to buy a Campagnolo Comp one crankset that is for sale locally, but want to know if I can use this with a threaded BSA bottom bracket? If I read the internet correctly (which I sometimes fail at) the 30mm axle does have a BSA BB option. That said, are these BB's readily available?

Lastly, are these good cranks for a 210lber? Better than the usual UT Chorus type stuff?

Thanks for your feedback.

Joachim
01-18-2018, 12:54 PM
There are many OverTorque compatible BB's out there (it uses a 386Evo type bb) that can fit on a BSA threaded bb (I have one from Wheelmanufacturing), but the problem is the installation tool for the crankset. Unless you or a local shop has the Campy tool, you are out of luck. Its a 2 part tool which is known as the Overtorque Removal and installation tool. I got one of the last ones through the UK Campy distributor who got it for me from the German Campy distributor. Campy NA or Campy Italy do not have any or make them anymore. The crank itself is awesome.

d_douglas
01-18-2018, 12:58 PM
ahhhh, that is bad. Very bad! I have two Campy-centric shops in the city and one MIGHT have the tool. The other not likely. Nevertheless, it seems a bad idea to buy a crank without the tools to service it when the common variants are 98% as good with tools that I have in my basement.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

tuscanyswe
01-18-2018, 01:01 PM
ahhhh, that is bad. Very bad! I have two Campy-centric shops in the city and one MIGHT have the tool. The other not likely. Nevertheless, it seems a bad idea to buy a crank without the tools to service it when the common variants are 98% as good with tools that I have in my basement.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Just an fyi.

These are approx 120 bux or so at merlincycles darren. In limited lengths and rings.

I allrdy have the tools so then it was kinda hard to resist..

d_douglas
01-18-2018, 01:17 PM
Yes, I saw that, but nothing in 52x36 or 50x34.

Mackers
01-19-2018, 10:43 PM
-

tuscanyswe
01-20-2018, 09:48 AM
Darren

Possibly these cranks work with these on a regular threaded frames.
https://www.thetriathlonshop.com.au/store/p522/FSA_MegaEVO_68mm_English_BB_Adapter_for_BB_386_EVO .html

Perhaps worth looking into, Would still need the tools tho..