PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Elite Workstand owners

cgolvin
01-11-2018, 12:58 PM
When I asked the retailer from whom I bought mine to replace the strap that secures the bike's downtube, they sent me a replacement…attached to a part that is foreign to my model.

So, if:

you own an Elite stand, and
it includes the part pictured below, and
you'd like to have an extra

then I'd gladly pass it along to you if you'll pay the shipping cost. To be clear: the 'female' part of the strap's buckle is cracked. It still closes but may not continue to do so in the future.

https://forums.thepaceline.net/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=299

PNW
01-11-2018, 01:18 PM
Did you pick this up from performance? I got my delivered for just over $100 on their discount sale!

cgolvin
01-11-2018, 01:36 PM
I got mine from Nashbar via Amazon several months ago and it ended up costing almost $150 delivered, which I considered a good price…until your post.

I like the stand very much and am happy I opted for this design over the seatpost clamp option. Not so happy that a cheap piece of plastic failed after a couple of months, but Nashbar's customer service was good. I volunteered to return this unneeded and extraneous part to them but they wanted me to pay the shipping cost…F that.

PNW
01-11-2018, 01:44 PM
I got mine from Nashbar via Amazon several months ago and it ended up costing almost $150 delivered, which I considered a good price…until your post.

I like the stand very much and am happy I opted for this design over the seatpost clamp option. Not so happy that a cheap piece of plastic failed after a couple of months, but Nashbar's customer service was good. I volunteered to return this unneeded and extraneous part to them but they wanted me to pay the shipping cost…F that.

$150 is a steal for the Elite race stand...look what others are charging $200+. I got mine for like $112 shipped but they tacked in like $5 for an oversized item. I had been waiting for a sale and it was perfect timing. I’ll keep an eye on my part and let you know if something breaks! Lol