PDA

View Full Version : Hub anodization: where and how much?

NoMoreParagon
01-11-2018, 09:50 AM
I saw few White Industries hub custom colored through anodization and they look incredible.
So I want to get mine anodized too.
Does anybody have a good metal finisher experience with anodization in the tristate area? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Dog
01-11-2018, 09:51 AM
I saw few White Industries hub custom colored through anodization and they look incredible.
So I want to get mine anodized too.
Does anybody have a good metal finisher experience with anodization in the tristate area? Thank you!

And what tristate area would you be referring too? :)

NoMoreParagon
01-11-2018, 10:00 AM
And what tristate area would you be referring too? :)

Oops. Sorry ny-nj-ct

rrudoff
01-11-2018, 10:44 AM
Can't give a recommendation in your area, but I have things plated for work all the time, should not be too expensive, for a small job like this they will charge by the batch, usually around $ 100-150. Assuming part is already clear or black plated and it is likely that it is, make sure the strip before replating.

Mikej
01-11-2018, 12:01 PM
At one pair, its going to be cheaper to sell your current hubs and get new hubs in the color you want.

Peter P.
01-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Some caution is advised.

Anodization will change dimensions in places such as the bearing bores, spoke holes, etc. . The result is you may discover post-anodizing that some things don't fit properly. Mikej's suggestion is a wise one.