PDA

View Full Version : Don't ride without lights if you're dim.

Tom
09-28-2006, 03:28 PM
I forgot to charge the headlight and this morning I really wanted to go out early. So, from 5:30-5:40 or so I monkeyfarted around with the light before I realized it wouldn't burn. So I took it off the bike and headed out. I did have my blinky. I was fine until I took the bike path from the community college so I could go past I-890 and get on Rte 5S. It's dark under the trees at that time of day. You know, you can't see the sticks or the acorns on the path.

I didn't fall over or anything but it sure was stupid. The nice thing was that no matter how slow you went it seemed really fast because you couldn't see a goddamn thing. I wonder if you could describe it as Zen. I'll have to try riding around with my eyes closed one of these days.

L84dinr
09-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Hey I resemble that remark... The sun goes down much quicker these evenings. I have been caught out twice with no lights and no blinky. The last couple of miles I am sweating bullets hoping I don't get rear ended. I have learned my lesson and I have quit riding at evening; I am also putting a Dynamo front wheel on the Christmas list.

Elefantino
09-28-2006, 10:50 PM
So, from 5:30-5:40 or so I monkeyfarted around

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=14000