PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "test post" area on the forum?

old_fat_and_slow
01-05-2018, 07:59 PM
I've been forced to use a new photo hosting site Flickr, because my old site Photobucket decided it will no longer host photos for free. I know I can upload photos directly to the forum, but I wanted to try using a different photo hosting site, if possible.

I don't want to clog up the forum with crap postings of all my trial and error attempts. Is there a test area that I can use to work out the kinks in my photo attachment attempts? (Ummmm, yes I've read the FAQ on how to include attachments to my posts. Unfortunately, Flickr is totally unintuitive on how to do this.)

Thanks

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4727/38819043574_fd3f30f54d_o.jpg

Woohoo , check me out ... Success !!!!!!!

tuscanyswe
01-05-2018, 08:00 PM
I sometimes use my own really old posts.

Just find something way back when and edit it to your liking while testing.

MattTuck
01-05-2018, 08:01 PM
instead of hitting submit, click on "Preview Post" and you can see the result as it would render, and then edit as necessary.

happycampyer
01-05-2018, 08:03 PM
You can also click on "Preview Post" instead of "Submit Reply" to see what the post will look like. Once you're done, you can just close the window without submitting the post.

Edit: Ha! MattTuck beat me to it!

Fishbike
01-05-2018, 08:58 PM
I thought this was gonna be about trying different seat posts. . .

GOTHBROOKS
01-05-2018, 09:18 PM
flickr is pretty dang easy to use. upload a photo, click view all sizes, click which size you wanna post (either right click copy img location to get the url or open it in a new window to view the url) and then enter in the appropriate html or bbcode for your post and youre done.

flickr got bought out by yahoo. tons of old ppl still use yahoo emails accounts.
so im not totally off topic, heres a link to my scanned album with a bunch of old bike catalogs and such that i stole and uploaded from the shop.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/botanicamysteria/albums/72157627391095486

smontanaro
01-06-2018, 06:57 AM
Flickr is pretty simple to use with forum systems, at least the full web version is. When you share a picture, select the BBCODE option, copy the fragment it displays, then paste it into your message. I frequently discard the back half of the posted content, but the preview option will show the whole but for you so you can decide what to keep.

When I need the bare image (say, to insert into email) I also use the BBCODE option, then delete everything except the raw image URL.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk