PDA

View Full Version : YISHUN Carbon rims: any experience?

NoMoreParagon
01-04-2018, 07:46 AM
I looked at some of their new rims profile for 2018 and some rims are really interesting. I attached part of their catalogue.
I am looking for an asymmetrical, wide rim for mixed road gravel.
Few years back i tried some Nextie rims for my fat bike and had a warranty replacement with them so I am still hesitant buying chinese rims.
Having said that I only read good things about Yishun.
Anybody had experience with them?
Thanks

Tickdoc
01-04-2018, 08:09 AM
they look nice in profile....but I wouldn't want to be the first to try them :D

Gummee
01-04-2018, 09:12 AM
Haven't heard of that particular brand, but I've built with other chinese rims. I'd recommend either Gigantex (BHS) or Nextie first.

M

echelon_john
01-04-2018, 09:22 AM
Look at Light Bicycle rims also. Very good quality; I've built ~10 pairs of them with no issues.

RobJ
01-04-2018, 09:27 AM
Look at Light Bicycle rims also. Very good quality; I've built ~10 pairs of them with no issues.

I haven't personally built them, but very good experience using the the Light Bicycle rims as well. And they are very easy to deal with over email, provide you a detailed quote and product ships very quickly.

Mackers
01-04-2018, 11:24 AM
-

NoMoreParagon
01-04-2018, 12:10 PM
Haven't heard of that particular brand, but I've built with other chinese rims. I'd recommend either Gigantex (BHS) or Nextie first.

M

thanks a lot..Nextie i tried them and no v impressed..had a crack after few hundred miles...

Gigantex looks great but they are hard to find and at BHS they only have old model..heavy and internally narrow :(

NoMoreParagon
01-04-2018, 12:10 PM
I've had a set of their 24mm tubulars for about five years now.
Pretty much my go to set when I wanted to experiment with spoke patterns.
Laced them 2x heads in DS, 2:1, and now a boring 2x both sides :)

They've never given me any trouble at all, came in at 281 and 283 grams (280+-5% claimed) and brake as well as any carbon rim. Reynolds Cryo Blue worked especially well for me. Beautiful 3k matte finish as well. Very easy to build and true.

Didn't like their ordering process much but I expect that has been improved since. Came very close to the (then) 30 days PP refund cut-off time.

great thanks a lot for letting me know