PDA

View Full Version : Do Chris King BB come in ITA threading?

msl819
01-02-2018, 07:59 PM
A quick google search turns up little to no info so my assumption is NO but I thought the collective knowledge here may know otherwise.

sales guy
01-02-2018, 09:39 PM
Nope

msl819
01-02-2018, 10:27 PM
Nope

Thanks... as I suspected

NoMoreParagon
01-03-2018, 09:09 AM
A quick google search turns up little to no info so my assumption is NO but I thought the collective knowledge here may know otherwise.

unfortunately not....i assume you want to install a GXP crank on a Pinarello :)
the only high end comparable alternative is Kogel which makes an ITA threaded BB adapter for 24mm cranks...
good luck

msl819
01-03-2018, 09:23 AM
unfortunately not....i assume you want to install a GXP crank on a Pinarello :)
the only high end comparable alternative is Kogel which makes an ITA threaded BB adapter for 24mm cranks...
good luck

It'll be a Merckx MXL but same basic scenario. I like my headset, BB, and Hubs to match if possible - we all have our issues. Sounds like this one may get just a bland old black BB.

AngryScientist
01-03-2018, 09:24 AM
CK BB's do not come in italian thread because CK BB's are not compatible with campagnolo, and any bike with ITA thread should have - campagnolo. :p

msl819
01-03-2018, 09:27 AM
CK BB's do not come in italian thread because CK BB's are not compatible with campagnolo, and any bike with ITA thread should have - campagnolo. :p

This one is likely to get boring old 6700 stuff to go along with a boring old black BB until such time the budget allows for an upgrade.

oldpotatoe
01-03-2018, 09:53 AM
This one is likely to get boring old 6700 stuff to go along with a boring old black BB until such time the budget allows for an upgrade.

But great Euro frame with far superior Italian threading...good start!!:)

msl819
01-03-2018, 10:22 AM
But great Euro frame with far superior Italian threading...good start!!:)

If I love it as much as I hope that I do it may get some electronic goodies down the road not completely unlike yours. I am in a holding pattern for now. I bought it as a frame and am having Eric at Winter build a replacement fork as close to original specs as he can except threadless steerer which will allow me to run a cockpit I much prefer. To be honest though, BB threading has never been a point of concern on a bike. I would be curious to know why some think ITA threading is superior.

oldpotatoe
01-03-2018, 10:31 AM
If I love it as much as I hope that I do it may get some electronic goodies down the road not completely unlike yours. I am in a holding pattern for now. I bought it as a frame and am having Eric at Winter build a replacement fork as close to original specs as he can except threadless steerer which will allow me to run a cockpit I much prefer. To be honest though, BB threading has never been a point of concern on a bike. I would be curious to know why some think ITA threading is superior.

Cuz it’s ‘italian’, of course...:rolleyes:

If you’d like to go the EPS route, email or PM and I’ll tell ya how I did it. Pretty simple.
Cp51errc@gmail.com