PDA

View Full Version : Newby

Frankp
09-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Hi folks, I'm a long time cyclist, first time Serotta owner. I just put a 2006 Serotta Fierte on layaway and I expect to be riding it by Halloween!!! I'm a 52 year old college professor, father of 4 (3 boys/1 girl), grandfather of 1 (boy) and married to the same beautiful woman for 32 1/2 years. We are now empty nesters and so I decided it was time to treat myself to my first Serotta. I compete in triathlons, ride brevets, run marathons, etc. Three years ago a weight 100 pounds more than today and I was recovering from a heart attack...life is good! :D Frankp

johnmdesigner
09-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Hope you'll post some pictures of your new ride when it arrives! :p

Dave B
09-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Where in Indiana are you from???

Frankp
09-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Anderson.. :banana:

saab2000
09-27-2006, 02:58 PM
I compete in triathlons, ride brevets, run marathons, etc. Three years ago a weight 100 pounds more than today and I was recovering from a heart attack...life is good! :D Frankp

That is an inspiration. I would like to lose some weight too. 100 Lbs is a lot! Wow!

spiderlake
09-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Welcome! Keep us posted and looking forward to a ride report. I have the Fierte with the steel chain and seat stays and would like to hear your opinion on the carbon seat stays. Take care!

Hi folks, I'm a long time cyclist, first time Serotta owner. I just put a 2006 Serotta Fierte on layaway and I expect to be riding it by Halloween!!! I'm a 52 year old college professor, father of 4 (3 boys/1 girl), grandfather of 1 (boy) and married to the same beautiful woman for 32 1/2 years. We are now empty nesters and so I decided it was time to treat myself to my first Serotta. I compete in triathlons, ride brevets, run marathons, etc. Three years ago a weight 100 pounds more than today and I was recovering from a heart attack...life is good! :D Frankp

Frankwurst
09-27-2006, 06:47 PM
You'll like this place. :beer:

Frankp
09-27-2006, 06:53 PM
I'll even like it more when I can send a ride report! I was saving to pay cash for a new bike in the spring and just stumbled on this Fierte...so now I have to cut back on the non-essentials, like groceries and deoderant, until I can pay for it! This waiting is killing me!!! :crap: Frankp

Frankwurst
09-27-2006, 07:09 PM
You're gonna fit right in. :beer:

dave thompson
09-27-2006, 07:15 PM
I'll even like it more when I can send a ride report! I was saving to pay cash for a new bike in the spring and just stumbled on this Fierte...so now I have to cut back on the non-essentials, like groceries and deoderant, until I can pay for it! This waiting is killing me!!! :crap: Frankp
You certainly do have your priorities straight! :D However, I will offer my sage advice and tell you to cut back on your rent/mortgage payments so you will be able to buy components/accessories/clothing quicker.

Welcome to the zoo.

Dave B
09-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Anderson.. :banana:

I live just down the road in Fishers. I would love to ride with you man! shoot me an email anytime!

dnjbradley@aol.com

Hope to hear from you soon!

Dave

Frankp
09-28-2006, 05:04 AM
cool...I'll do that. One of my favorite rides is from my front door (on the west side of Anderson) to Cicero via 8th street/ Strawtown road...it's a 33 mile loop through the countryside...Frankp

Frankp
09-28-2006, 05:05 AM
oops...my email is fopianki@anderson.edu :rolleyes:

terrytnt
09-28-2006, 06:58 AM
Congratulations... on your new Serotta, successful marriage and kids on their way. I too, am in a similar place. Just bought my first custom built Serotta (Ottrott ST) 3 months ago (after over 20 years of riding). And my last child is in College Univ. of Richmond.

The Serotta experience is incredible! You must let us know how you equip the bike and post pics. Furthermore this forum is an outstanding network for sharing and learning.

Welcome!!!

Dave B
09-28-2006, 06:58 AM
Yeah I ride up from Mc Cordsville to straw town road to a place called Bonge's. Some hole in the wall resturaunt. Have a coke machine that also sells water. We can get together soon!

Dave

Frankp
09-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Bonges is about 10 minutes from my home...it actually is one of the best restaurants around...incredible food! It's an old tavern that has been refurbished and has become a very popular place...try it sometime! :beer: see ya Frank

tch
09-28-2006, 10:35 AM
makes me homesick (well, not really). I grew up in Culver, about 30 miles south of South Bend. I rode some back then -- it was the era of Breaking Away. Now that I live in the Northeast, I miss those long, flat roads. What college?

Frankp
09-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Anderson University. I'm on faculty in the Falls School of Business...I teach management courses in the undergraduate and MBA programs Frankp

Frankp
09-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Hey TCH, I noticed you're from Connecticut...my home town was Hamden, Ct and my wife is from Stratford...I'm a UCONN alumni...go Huskies!...they just beat Indiana in football last week! small world Frankp

Dave B
09-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Hey almost everyone beats IU at football!

Man trust me there is nothign to miss in Indiana! :crap:

tch
09-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Man trust me there is nothign to miss in Indiana! :crap:
Well... I might agree with you in many ways. But I grew up on a beautiful lake, and I miss the midwestern lake sailing and the REALLY quiet roads and the generally slower, more laid-back way of life. I know that time casts a gauzy filter over the past, but sometimes I really feel like I grew up in Lake Woebegon. I know those people.

manet
09-28-2006, 04:20 PM
great. well fill out the usual questionaire form. have a seat, and someone from the forum will piss you off soon.