PDA

View Full Version : Focus Paralane - anyone have first hand experience?

snicko
12-31-2017, 08:07 PM
Hi Gang -

Currently considering a BMC Roadmachine or a Focus Paralane. I've been able to get first hand feedback on the BMC but so far haven't found anyone who's ridden the Paralane.

Thought I'd ask here to see if there's anyone who owns one or has ridden one for your observations and feedback on it..

Thanks!

guru
01-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Bought a Paralane Ultegra last year. Other than problems with the bike shop I purchased it from I really like the bike. Climbs extremely well and with the disc brakes and thru axles handles well on descents. I've used it on gravel rides and its very stable and capable. Although haven't used it on group rides thus far.
Rear derailleur requires more effort to shift than most because of the crazy bends the cable takes due to internal routing, probably should have saved up for Ultegra DI2.
Real stunning curves and shapes on the frame. Geometry and ride quality spot on for me.

snicko
01-01-2018, 06:11 PM
Thanks! Good to hear.

Curious - how wide of a tire have you been able to run on it?

guru
01-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Used Clement X'Plor MSO 32mm on a couple of gravel rides which I really liked but can easily fit 35mm and no doubt a bit wider depending upon the brand because none of the widths are standardized.
I set a PR on a climb in NH with the 28mm Schwalbe road tires and DT wheels that came with the bike. Possibly with lighter wheels this would also make for a great group ride bike so it could be that one bike fits all.