PDA

View Full Version : 59 concours

H.Frank Beshear
04-21-2004, 08:34 AM
Picked up my auction frame last night the 59 concours. Very nice, Os tubes and the s-bend stays, the flames are a little wild but my daughters think they are way cool :D . This is my first ti frame any special tricks for keeping it happy? I am looking foward to getting it built up and on the road. The downside is my wife says that two is company and three a crowd so I will be selling my waterford frame and fork. I even tried to invoke the mystical names of dbrk and dnovo to no avail. They don't live here or something like that :p . Seriously I am blessed with a wonderful understanding wife who lets me enjoy my habit. See the classified for the frame. Ti prep everthing? How about a Phill bb alloy cups or stainless? I will post pictures when I am done with it, the flames are kinda cool. Take care Frank

Andreu
04-21-2004, 08:50 AM
Love your description of cycling as "a habit"....I have to agree with you on that point. It seems to have taken over my life - and I criticise smokers!
From a Cycologists (sp?) point of view there is probably not much difference between the two (thats smokers and cyclists)
A

Sandy
04-21-2004, 10:53 AM
Non-smoking cyclists do most of their huffing and puffing when they are cycling.

Smoking cyclists do some of their huffing and puffing when they are cycling and some when they are smoking.

Smoking non-cyclists huff and puff all the time.

Non-smoking non-cyclists don't know when to huff and puff.

Puff Daddy,

Sandy

Len J
04-21-2004, 11:05 AM
I too am took delivery of a beautiful Auction frame (An Ottrott ST). I too am faced with the "What are you going to do with your Legend Ti now?" from a very supportive cycling wife.

I had enough parts lying around to almost outfit the new frame with on hand parts. This has helped "smooth" the way to maybe keep the Legend as a backup bike. We'll see. It is a nice problem to have.

Any chance you should just swap parts from your waterford over to the Concours, sell the frame only and really keep your wife happy?

Sounds great.

Len

Picked up my auction frame last night the 59 concours. Very nice, Os tubes and the s-bend stays, the flames are a little wild but my daughters think they are way cool :D . This is my first ti frame any special tricks for keeping it happy? I am looking foward to getting it built up and on the road. The downside is my wife says that two is company and three a crowd so I will be selling my waterford frame and fork. I even tried to invoke the mystical names of dbrk and dnovo to no avail. They don't live here or something like that :p . Seriously I am blessed with a wonderful understanding wife who lets me enjoy my habit. See the classified for the frame. Ti prep everthing? How about a Phill bb alloy cups or stainless? I will post pictures when I am done with it, the flames are kinda cool. Take care Frank

Blastinbob
04-21-2004, 11:59 AM
Frank,

Phil Wood says the alloy cups are compatible with titanium.