PDA

View Full Version : Continental Grand Prix classic

Cicli
12-30-2017, 06:51 AM
Anyone run these?
I won a set and am thinking of giving them a shot. They look like a nice tire and I dont see alot of reviews of them.
Anyone have anything?

tuscanyswe
12-30-2017, 06:57 AM
Used a set briefly not long ago. Had no issues with it. Nice tire like most conti. Believe it has the black chili as most of the others. Looks good on the right bike to.

alancw3
12-30-2017, 08:15 AM
Anyone run these?
I won a set and am thinking of giving them a shot. They look like a nice tire and I dont see alot of reviews of them.
Anyone have anything?

wish they existed 15 years ago. would have been great on my bob jackson. i have never had a problem with a conti tire. love them.

jamesdak
12-30-2017, 08:51 AM
I've been using a set for awhile. Ran them on at least two of my bikes. No flats and the look on the right bike is sweet. They ride comfortably and seem to grip well. I'm perfectly happy with them. I will note that my normal go too tire is the Continental 4000s ones. I don't see these giving up much to them.

Here they are on the Antares.

http://www.pbase.com/jhuddle/image/163026417.jpg

And now on the Opus III wherer they look perfect.

http://www.pbase.com/jhuddle/image/166251707.jpg

velomateo
12-30-2017, 08:58 AM
I used them on my Serotta for L'Eroica last year. I like them. They ride nice enough and resist punctures well too, especially for the price. I wish they had a more tire widths, but the 25's measured a little wider on my wheels. I love the side wall color.

jamesdak
12-30-2017, 10:19 AM
I used them on my Serotta for L'Eroica last year. I like them. They ride nice enough and resist punctures well too, especially for the price. I wish they had a more tire widths, but the 25's measured a little wider on my wheels. I love the side wall color.

That's a good point too on the color. I've seen other posts about these tires where people moan about then being so dark vs the old skinwall tires. I just remember how nasty those others would look after a few miles. No such problem with these and I honestly like the darker brown.

oldpotatoe
12-30-2017, 11:12 AM
wish they existed 15 years ago. would have been great on my bob jackson. i have never had a problem with a conti tire. love them.

They did..early 2000s..

bironi
12-30-2017, 02:34 PM
They did..early 2000s..

Yes, a lot of buddies left Conti even earlier than this due to sidewall blowouts. Some never returned to the brand. I might have been inclined but equal and better tires at better prices won out.