PDA

View Full Version : Assos Mille Tights S7 vs. Habu Tights Mille S7

cyan
12-26-2017, 11:33 PM
Just wondering the differences between two. Mille Tights S7 is not featured on Assos website anymore, while Habu Thights Mille S7 is added recently. They seem to share the Mille S7 pad.

Can I assume the Habu Mille version is the replacement of Mille S7? The MSRP of Mille S7 is $20 higher than the Habu Mille S7, I wonder what the differences are in terms of materials, design, and construction? Of course, there is also higher priced Habu Tights S7 (non-Mille). Would love to hear your personal experiences with any of these thights.

verticaldoug
12-27-2017, 04:53 AM
Mille is always the more generous cut. If you have a non-cycling specific body, the mille is usually more comfortable.

The old Milletights were a heavier fabric. I think those were closer to the bonka in weight There are now two versions of the mille tights- bonkatightmille and hakubtightmille. The bonka remains heavier than habu.

I generally go knicker, habu, bonka and don't need bonka until close to 0 C. If you need a tight for sub zero days go bonka.

ltwtsculler91
12-27-2017, 08:18 AM
The older Mille_S7 is now called BonkaMille and remains the same. The HabuMille is a lighter weight version for 40+ degrees. These are single layer legs rather than doubled and a more generous cut.

It'll really come down to which conditions you'll ride in. If you want an "all winter" tight I'd think the BonkaMille is a better option as it is a bit more versatile. I find that the single layer type tights aren't warm enough for me below 38 or so.

cyan
12-27-2017, 03:02 PM
Got it, thanks.

Any experience with the LL.Habu Tights S7, supposedly the upgrade from Habu Mille S7? I know it uses Equipe S7 pad vs. Mille S7 pad, and it seems the design (e.g. around the knee area) and the fabric (in certain parts) are different, but I wonder if it's worth the extra $70.

ltwtsculler91
12-27-2017, 04:23 PM
Got it, thanks.

Any experience with the LL.Habu Tights S7, supposedly the upgrade from Habu Mille S7? I know it uses Equipe S7 pad vs. Mille S7 pad, and it seems the design (e.g. around the knee area) and the fabric (in certain parts) are different, but I wonder if it's worth the extra $70.

I think the double knee is very nice. But what really makes them worth it is the wind proof front over the crotch. I won't ride below 50 without it, definitely worth the extra cash in my book and the equipe pad is significantly nicer than the normal Mille.