PDA

View Full Version : Primus Mootry no longer for public consumption?

Monthly Payment
12-25-2017, 09:13 AM
Their website just has the message:
"PM Cycle Fabrication is no longer producing bicycle frames for public consumption."

Anyone know what happened here, or if Joe DePaemelaere is continuing building for another label?

DRietz
12-25-2017, 06:13 PM
Joe closed up shop a few years ago.

Not sure why, really. I don’t think he’s still building (for anyone).

John H.
12-25-2017, 06:57 PM
Sad that he is closed- But there are other great options in affordable custom aluminum.

Rock Lobster
Zanconato
Nate Zukas

Peter B
12-25-2017, 06:58 PM
Sad that he is closed- But there are other great options in affordable custom aluminum.

Rock Lobster
Zanconato
Nate Zukas

Stoemper!

John H.
12-25-2017, 07:13 PM
Stompers are really nice but at $3k for a stock frame and more for a custom, they are more in Gaulzetti territory.

I was thinking affordable custom alternatives to PM.

Stoemper!

echelon_john
12-25-2017, 07:17 PM
Frank the Welder. Nobody working in aluminum does it better. Also a complete pleasure to work with.

thegunner
12-25-2017, 07:30 PM
Frank the Welder. Nobody working in aluminum does it better. Also a complete pleasure to work with.

isn't he working exclusively with spooky now? their semi-custom pricing is pretty close to gaulzetti too.

fiamme red
12-25-2017, 07:37 PM
Andy Gilmour and Ahrens also build in aluminum.

Monthly Payment
12-25-2017, 08:10 PM
Joe closed up shop a few years ago.

Not sure why, really. I don’t think he’s still building (for anyone).

Thanks. I saw the cycling tips article on a PM in April of this year. Figured they should/would be open for business.
https://cyclingtips.com/2017/04/bikes-of-the-bunch-primus-mootry-titanium-crit-racer/

Also funny how he worded the message on his website.

Not only is this a loss, I’ve been bummed ever since Tiemeyer closed up shop.

sales guy
12-25-2017, 08:53 PM
isn't he working exclusively with spooky now? their semi-custom pricing is pretty close to gaulzetti too.

Nope. He is actually helping out Ben Serotta as well as his own stuff.

echelon_john
12-25-2017, 08:56 PM
Nope. Frank’s his own man, in addition to contracting. Great value for full custom—can’t recommend him highly enough.

likebikes
12-25-2017, 10:34 PM
bummer! loved PM frames, they were some of the most no-nonsense race bikes out there. still see some out and about and for sale as they're localish to me.

mhespenheide
12-26-2017, 12:03 AM

Rock Lobster
Zanconato
Nate Zukas

Does anyone know if Tsunami is still building?