Let the righteous indignation begin!

:D

R3awak3n
12-24-2017, 08:19 PM
Funny, I just got a gift cert for rapha from my wifes dad. :cool:

bigbill
12-24-2017, 08:27 PM

I think I saw Rapha gift cards by the registers.

dbnm
12-24-2017, 08:27 PM
That is so funny!

Ooooh, can I get some from Wal Mart?

Let the righteous indignation begin!

:D

PNW
12-24-2017, 08:32 PM
What is the best full length bib for cold weather 35-50 degrees?

makoti
12-24-2017, 08:36 PM
What is the best full length bib for cold weather 35-50 degrees?

I have these. Fabulous.
https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/pro-team-winter-tights-with-pad/product/PWT02XXPRO

buddybikes
12-24-2017, 08:39 PM
I'm confused, clothing maker offers discounts on/after Christmas and it makes news.

PNW
12-24-2017, 08:49 PM
I have these. Fabulous.
https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/pro-team-winter-tights-with-pad/product/PWT02XXPRO

Are these essentially the same? I only need one pair pretty much...I’m in Oregon and do most riding spring/summer/fall.

https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/brevet-winter-tights-with-pad/product/BWT01XXBLKLRG

makoti
12-24-2017, 08:56 PM
Are these essentially the same? I only need one pair pretty much...I’m in Oregon and do most riding spring/summer/fall.

https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/brevet-winter-tights-with-pad/product/BWT01XXBLKLRG

I'm guessing yes, with whatever the differences are between PT & Brevet. The PT are very snug, even feel too tight behind my knees until I ride a mile or so. Then, all is right with the world. Very comfortable & warm.

Bwana
12-24-2017, 09:12 PM

I got one from my brother. :banana:

makoti
12-24-2017, 09:13 PM
I got one from my brother. :banana:

I want to get on you Christmas lists.

dbnm
12-24-2017, 09:34 PM
I have the Brevet and the Pro Team.

The Brevet are for colder days, 40-55F

The Pro Team are for warmer days 45-60F

IMHO that is.

FlashUNC
12-24-2017, 11:44 PM
If you want cold weather gear, buy Assos.

pdmtong
12-25-2017, 12:42 AM
meh. wake me up when things are 40% off or more.

time to sleep.

santa is coming!

CNY rider
12-25-2017, 06:08 AM
If you want cold weather gear, buy Assos.

True that.
I own winter tights from both and Assos is far superior.

makoti
12-25-2017, 11:31 AM
I have the Brevet and the Pro Team.

The Brevet are for colder days, 40-55F

The Pro Team are for warmer days 45-60F

IMHO that is.

I never tried the Brevet, but the PT are toasty down to about 35 (below which I'm in Watopia), IMHO of course

R3awak3n
12-25-2017, 01:24 PM

time to sleep.

santa is coming!

ahah I am with you. There are a couple of things I want but they are too small that I wouldn't even get free shipping, so I am waiting for some more drops to make the best use of this gift cert.

bentaco
12-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Agreed with the others above me. It seems like Rapha's sales have become more frequent with lower discounts. I guess I don't blame them, it probably helps their numbers quite a bit.

R3awak3n
12-26-2017, 03:41 PM
Agreed with the others above me. It seems like Rapha's sales have become more frequent with lower discounts. I guess I don't blame them, it probably helps their numbers quite a bit.

They always start low and then go higher (also depends on the season)

beeatnik
12-27-2017, 05:42 PM

time to sleep.

santa is coming!

better to save 20% on raphas online and get free shipping than to save 20% on raphas at the RCC and not be offered free coffee. (either way you pay tax so that 20% is 10%).

dbnm
01-11-2018, 09:00 AM
The sale is now at 50% off.

ariw
01-13-2018, 05:40 AM
Sale is now down to 50% off for a lot of things - the only time that I buy. Also, go to the home page in a different browser than you usually use and you should get a pop-up window to sign up for a single-use use 15% off coupon. I just used a secondary email address and it worked for me. 65% off sounds about right for Rapha clothing :-)

-Ari

eippo1
02-05-2018, 02:47 PM
Anyone having issues getting their stuff? Ordered more than 2 weeks ago and still shows status of "ordered" and that's it. Send an email a few days ago and crickets to that too.

rst72
02-05-2018, 02:53 PM
I got my order right quick a couple weeks back.

Get on chat and ask. I used it to ask about a refund that was lagging...got on chat and found out they were just behind from the holidays. They expedited the return right then.

nobuseri
02-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Never had any issues thus far. In fact, it's a lot quicker these days since they are shipping from KY. Doesn't all have to come from the PNW anymore.

heartattackride
02-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Yep. 3 days for me in Ca. All good.

berserk87
02-05-2018, 04:23 PM
Never had any issues thus far. In fact, it's a lot quicker these days since they are shipping from KY. Doesn't all have to come from the PNW anymore.

My stuff comes in lightning quick since shipping from Kentucky. It's crazy.

makoti
02-05-2018, 04:57 PM
Anyone having issues getting their stuff? Ordered more than 2 weeks ago and still shows status of "ordered" and that's it. Send an email a few days ago and crickets to that too.

Call them. Their CS is great.

IJWS
02-05-2018, 11:44 PM
I think something might be going on with them. I ordered some things and they showed up within a week, but my exchanges have been waiting for about three weeks. I used chat and found out that they will email me when the items go out so, not that informative.

R3awak3n
02-06-2018, 06:44 AM
Something is definitely going on. I returned 2 things 2 weeks ago and have not gotten refunds. Messaged CS and they asked me for tracking numbers, which I dont have since all Indid was stick the returning labels and go on my way

fignon's barber
02-06-2018, 06:48 AM
Something is definitely going on. I returned 2 things 2 weeks ago and have not gotten refunds. Messaged CS and they asked me for tracking numbers, which I dont have since all Indid was stick the returning labels and go on my way

Exact same thing with me. I returned 2 items 1/16/18 and heard nothing. Called yesterday and they immediately issued refund. They said due to sale they had overload of returns piled up.

Andy340
02-06-2018, 06:53 AM
I returned 2 items mid-Feb, same delay and CS confirmed backlog

dbnm
02-06-2018, 08:41 AM
I kept notes on all things I had to return.

Then I emailed them the list.

Refunds happened instantly.

berserk87
02-06-2018, 11:24 AM
I returned 2 items mid-Feb, same delay and CS confirmed backlog

Wait - you mean mid-January, right? If it was mid-Feb, then it would have been last year and that would be dreadful.

I had a return that I did in early January and just received notice of the refund yesterday. It was a small-dollar item (a cap) and I had forgotten about it until the refund notice came.

R3awak3n
02-06-2018, 11:40 AM
jeeezz, ok I guess if I don't get the money in the next few days I will call and try to get this happening. Rapha, give me my $200 back

dbnm
02-06-2018, 11:41 AM
They had $750 of mine until I emailed and gave them tracking numbers showing the package was in their possession for 10 days

chiasticon
02-06-2018, 11:53 AM
tbh, Rapha returns processing has always kinda sucked. it will arrive and sit there for two weeks before they process it and refund you, and that's when there's not been a crazy sale recently. and god help you if you have to do a repair. add another few weeks to that two weeks.

they have awesome customer service and stand by their merchandise, but they need to hire a bunch of people in their return processing department. it's easy to have several hundred dollars tied up there while you wait, and that's pretty lame on their part. couple that with the fact that they're online-only for most people; so if you order a couple different sizes/colors of some items and return what doesn't work... that adds up fast.

pdmtong
02-06-2018, 12:34 PM
Something is definitely going on. I returned 2 things 2 weeks ago and have not gotten refunds. Messaged CS and they asked me for tracking numbers, which I dont have since all I did was stick the returning labels and go on my way
I ask for a drop off receipt when I turn the package over to Fedex. Worst case I take a picture of the label with my phone.

From time of order to receipt it's about a week. Order Monday, arrive Friday

Returns during a sale period can take a few weeks. which as has been pointed out painful if one is returning items ordered just because their sizing is all over the place and inconsistent.

fignon's barber
02-06-2018, 01:01 PM
Rapha must spend a small fortune on return shipping. They can easily avoid the costs by training their personel on the actual fit of Rapha clothes. My returns were based on poor advice from their staff.

tuscanyswe
02-06-2018, 01:09 PM
I find rapha returns so annoying that i just sell the stuff on if i dont like the fit. Usually one can sell with only a small loss.
Thats not limited to rapha tho, i just hate to return things, guess im not cut out to for internet shopping.

huck*this
02-06-2018, 01:11 PM
I also had the same issue as the above noted. Sent back 2 packages. 1 was received and 3 days later asked what was up via the chat the other did not arrive.

The chat rep was in UK, spoke to his buddies in the US that contacted me and refunded all the items I sent within minutes. Not sure if it was easy due to me paying with Paypal. But they refunded all products even the others that didn't arrive to them yet.

And to clarify yes they are back logged due to the sales.

Also my returns were due to the sizing being all over the place. He offered me to repurchase in the sizes I needed and he would refund me the difference from the sale. Excellent CS in my eyes for sure!

R3awak3n
02-06-2018, 01:27 PM
I ask for a drop off receipt when I turn the package over to Fedex. Worst case I take a picture of the label with my phone.

From time of order to receipt it's about a week. Order Monday, arrive Friday

Returns during a sale period can take a few weeks. which as has been pointed out painful if one is returning items ordered just because their sizing is all over the place and inconsistent.

I do as well but I was in a hurry and I go there all the time, family business so I trust em. I am sure rapha has it but hasn't processed it. I messaged them and they said without the tracking numbers we can't tell you anything

R3awak3n
02-06-2018, 01:28 PM
I find rapha returns so annoying that i just sell the stuff on if i dont like the fit. Usually one can sell with only a small loss.
Thats not limited to rapha tho, i just hate to return things, guess im not cut out to for internet shopping.

its silly to sell stuff at a small loss though.

tuscanyswe
02-06-2018, 01:35 PM
its silly to sell stuff at a small loss though.

I agree and im certainly not one who is "spendy" that way.
So this is why i dont buy a lot of rapha anymore. Nore a lot of internet clothes at all.

I dont have a printer at home. So have to print the return labels somewhere usually a friends office couple of blocks away. Then contact ups hope the electronic pick up notice works without hassle. then wait for the actual pick up. Not worth the 10-15 bux or whatever the loss is to me but no you are correct i dont like that type of "behavior" either.

pdmtong
02-06-2018, 01:47 PM
Also my returns were due to the sizing being all over the place. He offered me to repurchase in the sizes I needed and he would refund me the difference from the sale. Excellent CS in my eyes for sure!
I like the brand and the function and the aesthetic. the durability's outstanding and if you can find a piece on sale the prices are really competitive.

Agreed the CS is great but the real issue is the sizing. classic doesn't fit like brevet doesn't fit like pro team.

I am 5'10 167-172#s. When pro team first came out I was a XL jersey. last summer I tried on a PT training jersey and was a Medium. I can't wear the aero jersey because my arms are too big. MY ARMS ARE TOO BIG! Really? I need a XL in their classic jackets (full cut) due to shoulders. The large cuts into my armpits. Yet, in Pro Team lightweight jacket I am a large, but the pro Team insulated jacket in large is so tight its like plastic wrap on a watermelon.

so really, I need to order medium-large and XL each time I want to try a new piece out? At 5'10 170?

I would buy their city stuff but those pieces are cut for the pencil shaped.

Again, no issues with returns or credits or non-sale timing BUT it's a bit maddening....

pdmtong
02-12-2018, 06:21 PM
Item received by Rapha warehouse in KY on 1/29
Rapha credit email received today on 2/12 (13 business days later).

Now we wait for it to post to my Visa account.

happycampyer
02-12-2018, 07:50 PM
I like the brand and the function and the aesthetic. the durability's outstanding and if you can find a piece on sale the prices are really competitive.

Agreed the CS is great but the real issue is the sizing. classic doesn't fit like brevet doesn't fit like pro team.

I am 5'10 167-172#s. When pro team first came out I was a XL jersey. last summer I tried on a PT training jersey and was a Medium. I can't wear the aero jersey because my arms are too big. MY ARMS ARE TOO BIG! Really? I need a XL in their classic jackets (full cut) due to shoulders. The large cuts into my armpits. Yet, in Pro Team lightweight jacket I am a large, but the pro Team insulated jacket in large is so tight its like plastic wrap on a watermelon.

so really, I need to order medium-large and XL each time I want to try a new piece out? At 5'10 170?

I would buy their city stuff but those pieces are cut for the pencil shaped.

Again, no issues with returns or credits or non-sale timing BUT it's a bit maddening....
^ I could literally have written this. I would add that in Pro Team bibs I’m an XL, but in Classic (and pretty much every other brand, including Assos, Capo, Castelli, etc.), I’m an L. How can someone 5’10” and 170lbs wear an XL? There’s only one size up from XL—do Pro Team bibs only fit people up to 6’1”, 190lbs?

wtex
02-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Agreed, their fit is ..... Castelli-like.