PDA

View Full Version : Supple Tires Mounting Instructions

NoMoreParagon
12-19-2017, 09:22 AM
Last night i was doing a last minute check after i Installed a set of Compass BJP Extralite on my carbon hoops and I saw a section with bumps on the tire carcass. First thought was ok, I have a manufacturing defect, but when browsing in the Compass website I found their mounting instruction:
https://www.compasscycle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Compass_tire_instructions_2016_08_web.pdf

Never realized how important is to mount supple tires correctly and check for the beads to be properly seated. Especially the Compass Extralite side casing is really soft and won't hold the shape like normal tires and the installation is different from the previous tires I was accustomed to.

A small drop of dish soap on the rim side channel and 80psi initial inflation got the job done and the tire now looks perfectly round and uniform at 50psi.

So to all the paceliners out there, if you use ultra supple tires (once again I only had that small issue with the Compass Extralite...standard casing seated no problem) make sure the tire bead is properly seated :)

AngryScientist
12-19-2017, 09:30 AM
agreed, i just mounted a set of pacenti tires, and needed a little dish soap on the rim to get the beads to pop into place correctly.