PDA

View Full Version : F-2 Switch out to enve 1.0 yes or no

Highpowernut
12-16-2017, 01:49 PM
I am contemplating switching out my f-2 on my legend to a enve 1.0.

I don’t really want to cut the f-2 to slam the stem, id rather cut the enve and keep the f-2 where it’s at for future use/sale.

Question is this . My f-2 has a rake of 50. I assume I should get the same rake. Are there any other issues the change will make? Are the rest of the specs close enough to not matter?

I did try a f-3 in 43 rake the didn’t work and had a bad speed wobble , which is why I’m concerned about the change.

Thanks for the great advice

Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nmrt
12-16-2017, 01:54 PM
i would pay attention to the axle to crown. enve is 367 mm. i am not sure what that length is for the f2. if the lengths are the same, switching 50 for a 50 rake would preserve the current trail for the bike.

I am contemplating switching out my f-2 on my legend to a enve 1.0.

I don’t really want to cut the f-2 to slam the stem, id rather cut the enve and keep the f-2 where it’s at for future use/sale.

Question is this . My f-2 has a rake of 50. I assume I should get the same rake. Are there any other issues the change will make? Are the rest of the specs close enough to not matter?

I did try a f-3 in 43 rake the didn’t work and had a bad speed wobble , which is why I’m concerned about the change.

Thanks for the great advice

Wayne

tuscanyswe
12-16-2017, 02:02 PM
Wasent the F2 very similar to an ouzo pro? Wouldent be suprised if it had the same axle to crown of 371 mm or maybe that was 372 (forgot). Thats 4mm longer than an enve. So that will make the headtube angle steeper and thus the trail less if rake was the same (50). So you could likely get away with slightly less rake and still have the same trail if you went with the enve fork.

Peter B
12-16-2017, 02:11 PM
Agree with the previous poster--Enve is shorter A-C than the F2 by about 5mm and will result in a steeper effective HTA. I suspect opting for a 45mm rake in the Enve will be a better choice if you wish to approximate the handling of the F2.

kramnnim
12-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Just wanted to say that I love my 1.0 fork. I do not tend to notice the differences between the frames I ride, but I do think I could tell a difference between the 2.0 I had on my Parlee and the 1.0 I swapped it with.

Highpowernut
12-16-2017, 08:28 PM
I measured the a c on the f2 it is 372, I was interested in a 1.0 on the bay, but it’s a 50 so I should try and get a 45 rake. I don’t know the math to check the trail and also what the change will do.
I do know it can make bike unstable which I found out the hard/ scary way ( 45 mph down Tory pines surprised I lived through the shakes)

jamesau
12-16-2017, 09:33 PM
If you're using a King headset, you can fit a 1-1/8" +5mm baseplate (part PHS529) to the ENVE fork to make up for the AC difference (in order to use the same rake). See here:
https://chrisking.com/products/479