PDA

View Full Version : I added a Cobble Gobbler to my Domane 4.5

eddief
12-15-2017, 03:38 PM
It is a funny looking post but I can say the Domane elastomer rear end combined with the CG-R seatpost makes for a very subtle change in the sting of everything. And those combined with 28mm Conti 4000 at 85 psi make this a pretty great road-feel machine. Now even gladder I got the Domane with the non topper seat tube.

csm
12-15-2017, 03:51 PM
That's almost blasphemy..... not sure on Trek or Specialized.
Can you imagine that with tubular?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eddief
12-15-2017, 05:09 PM
Comp Set stem too.

Cornfed
12-15-2017, 06:55 PM
Wish I could do that w my Domane but I have the seatmast topper. Not a fan. Can never get it to stop slipping. Anyone ever done a conversion from seatmast to seatpost? I'm about ready to get out the hacksaw.

Peter P.
12-15-2017, 07:07 PM
Wish I could do that w my Domane but I have the seatmast topper. Not a fan. Can never get it to stop slipping. Anyone ever done a conversion from seatmast to seatpost? I'm about ready to get out the hacksaw.

Have you tried carbon paste on the contact surfaces?

Cornfed
12-15-2017, 07:19 PM
Have you tried carbon paste on the contact surfaces?

I should've been more clear -- the saddle clamp is where the slipping occurs. Held in place by two opposing screws. Impossible to get them to set. Saddle is constantly tilting. Loc-tite works for a while, but eventually gives way.

eddief
12-15-2017, 07:25 PM
is the exact same concept as the Trek topper. The CG-R is secure as heck so far. Maybe Trek's is less well executed?

I should've been more clear -- the saddle clamp is where the slipping occurs. Held in place by two opposing screws. Impossible to get them to set. Saddle is constantly tilting. Loc-tite works for a while, but eventually gives way.

Clean39T
12-15-2017, 08:46 PM

Assuming you still have your FireFly - isn't the solution pretty obvious?

Sell, Mortimer, sell!!!!!

Cornfed
12-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Assuming you still have your FireFly - isn't the solution pretty obvious?

[emoji4] The Firefly is my go fast bike; the Trek is my go far bike.