PDA

View Full Version : Worlds spoiler

David Kirk
09-24-2006, 12:06 PM
I didn't win. Sorry to disappoint.

Dave

Bill Bove
09-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Is it really a spoiler if there is no delayed television coverage? Is there delayed T.V. that I'm not aware of? OLN isn't advertising anything about it.

BarryG
09-24-2006, 02:46 PM
cycling.tv provided free live coverage to everyone outside the U.S. - I was hoping that meant somebody else bought U.S. coverage rights, but maybe not. :crap:

John H.
09-24-2006, 03:00 PM
What will his 2007 jersey look like? World/Italian/Olympic champ!!!

erty65
09-24-2006, 03:54 PM
What will his 2007 jersey look like? World/Italian/Olympic champ!!!

world of course, there`s no olympic.

John H.
09-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Officially there is no Olympic champ jersey, but if you remember- Pascal Richard came up with his own.

stevep
09-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Officially there is no Olympic champ jersey, but if you remember- Pascal Richard came up with his own.

i think olympic champs are entitled to put the olympic rings on their jerseys for the duration of their careers if they so choose.
like wc stripes..if they so choose.

atmo
09-24-2006, 06:37 PM
i think olympic champs are entitled to put the olympic rings on their jerseys for the duration of their careers if they so choose.
mark spitz had no jersey.
so where do the olympic rings go?
discuss.

Ginger
09-24-2006, 06:38 PM
fluffer.

Grant McLean
09-24-2006, 06:51 PM

Also, there's that gold crap all over Bettini's bike, shoes, and helmet...

g

atmo
09-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Also, there's that gold crap all over Bettini's bike, shoes, and helmet...

g
all he needs is the gold's horseradish
and he'll be ready for company atmo.

Grant McLean
09-24-2006, 07:03 PM
all he needs is the gold's horseradish
and he'll be ready for company atmo.

I wonder if he's eaten the chocolate out of that medal yet?

http://www.thenuthouse.info/gold%20coins.JPG

g

classic1
09-24-2006, 07:25 PM
There used to be an Olympic jersey. I've seen pics from years ago of riders being presented with an Olympic ring jersey. (EDIT) I'm sure even as late as 88 (soeul) or 92 (barcelona), though will stand corrected if my memory is wrong.

atmo
09-24-2006, 07:30 PM
There used to be an Olympic jersey. I've seen pics from years ago of riders being presented with an Olympic ring jersey. Even as late as 92 (barcelona) if you can find some podium pics.
how telling -
casartelli got the last one atmo.

classic1
09-24-2006, 07:32 PM
how telling -
casartelli got the last one atmo.

RIP Fabio.

J.Greene
09-24-2006, 07:57 PM

some small clarification...WC stripes can only be worn in the discipline in which they are won. TT winners can't wear them on RR jerseys, u23's can't wear them on elite jerseys etc..Last winter I did see Kent Bostick though wearing his in a criterium even though I think he won the stripes on the track.

JG

yeehawfactor
09-24-2006, 08:15 PM
http://www.feltet.dk/michaelrasmussen/e107_images/michael-rasmussen.jpg

Fat Robert
09-24-2006, 08:18 PM
clarification of the clarification

rainbow jerseys can only be work in that discipline

rainbow stripes on the cuffs and collar can be worn as much as one wants, apparently...is there any time limit on how long a former world champ can continue to sport the stripes on collar and cuffs?

always wondered why LA opted for plain postal jerseys for a good while...no rainbow trim....

classic1
09-24-2006, 08:37 PM

rainbow stripes on the cuffs and collar can be worn as much as one wants, apparently...is there any time limit on how long a former world champ can continue to sport the stripes on collar and cuffs?

Nah. Used to be the case but AFAIK they changed it. Has to be in the discipline it was won in.

Apparently too many Australians in the peloton with rainbow bands on the sleeves or something. ;) All those team pursuiters now only get to carry the bands three times per year. That's why McGee, O'Grady, Lancaster, Brown, and about 10 others don't have the bands on the road anymore.

J.Greene
09-24-2006, 08:52 PM
2 years ago the UCI changed the rules. stripes only in the event won.

JG

always wondered why LA opted for plain postal jerseys for a good while...no rainbow trim....

BumbleBeeDave
09-24-2006, 09:20 PM
. . . Zabel didn't win. It would have been such a cap to a great career. But he is pure class as always . . .

<<"It was a dream to become world champion today, but I am very satisfied with the race today," he said. "It's great to race here in front of so many German-speaking public.>>

BBD

atmo
09-24-2006, 09:26 PM
. . . Zabel didn't win. It would have been such a cap to a great career.

BBD
if he chose the optimo his self worth & worth would've been much higher atmo.

swoop
09-24-2006, 10:31 PM
woooooooooooo zabel. wooooo cricket!

saab2000
09-24-2006, 11:23 PM
. . . Zabel didn't win. It would have been such a cap to a great career.

His career is not over yet and he is still speedy. I would not be surprised to see him still win a big race. Last year he won Paris-Tours. This year a couple stages of the Vuelta and 2nd today. He was there at the finish when the other big dogs were behind him.

Zabel = Huge talent and great guy for cycling.

BumbleBeeDave
09-25-2006, 07:04 AM
. . . in pronouncing him over the hill and ready to retire! Sorry! But I stand by my assertion that I can't think of anyone (except me, of course! :rolleyes: ) who deserves to win a world championship more! Great rider and great, classy guy who you will always hear respecting his colleagues and never hear trash talking.

BBD

catulle
09-25-2006, 07:13 AM
mark spitz had no jersey.
so where do the olympic rings go?
discuss.

Speedo...?

Bill Bove
09-25-2006, 08:35 AM
I believe a gold medal winner can wear an Olympic Ring jersey if he wants to BUT there can be no sponsor logos on it. The Olympics are pure, remember :confused: no commercialization of the gold medal is allowed :no:

atmo
09-25-2006, 08:38 AM
I believe a gold medal winner can wear an Olympic Ring jersey if he wants to BUT there can be no sponsor logos on it. The Olympics are pure, remember :confused: no commercialization of the gold medal is allowed :no:
tell that to john hancock inc atmo

theprep
09-25-2006, 08:58 AM
2 years ago the UCI changed the rules. stripes only in the event won.

JG

Can Cannondale release a red/white/blue World Champ Edition bike for sale and claim it is the same one Bettini will be riding?

67-59
09-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Dave didn't win, and all you people can talk about is jerseys and medals?!?!?! Dave -- I for one will provide an appropriate moment of silence for your disappointment.

:)

J.Greene
09-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Can Cannondale release a red/white/blue World Champ Edition bike for sale and claim it is the same one Bettini will be riding?

interbike is around the corner, stay tuned :rolleyes:

David Kirk
09-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Dave didn't win, and all you people can talk about is jerseys and medals?!?!?! Dave -- I for one will provide an appropriate moment of silence for your disappointment.

:)

Thanks keeping it real. It's been a few tough days for me and the family. There is always next year but I'm not getting any younger. But God willing I'll be wearing the rainbow shoes.

Dave

davids
09-25-2006, 10:35 AM
fluffer.
He's ready for his close up...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/worlds06/worlds066/sirotti_86.jpg