PDA

View Full Version : Tubular tire recommendation 27-28 wide

sokyroadie
12-08-2017, 07:36 AM
I have a new project in the works and wanting to try a slightly wider tubular. I will not spend $80.00 + for a tire - I can't tell the slight difference in the ride IMHO. I am perfectly happy riding Vittoria Corsa Elite Tubular Tires in 25mm width. I would like something in the 27-28mm width, is the Vittoria Pave Evo CG Tubular Tire 27mm for $39.22 from UK my best bet?

Definitely want ease of mounting as a priority. They will be going on 20mm wide carbon rims.

I know there are lots of high $$$ choices, but not for me.

Thanks,
Jeff

sw3759
12-08-2017, 07:43 AM
yeah Jeff,that Vittoria Pave Evo CG Tubular Tire 27mm is the way to go,imho.i picked up 6 of them myself a day or two ago.betting they wont last long either for that price.
been looking for those corsa elite 25's but they never restocked them

etu
12-08-2017, 07:44 AM
having same questions and thoughts myself. just ordered several of those vittorias last night. $40 isn't cheap, but hard to go wrong.

oldpotatoe
12-08-2017, 07:50 AM
having same questions and thoughts myself. just ordered several of those vittorias last night. $40 isn't cheap, but hard to go wrong.

I have 3 stretching and geeez...$40 'isn't cheap'(?)...for this $80++ tire it is. Great tire, perfect on my wet weather Moots..

Andy sti
12-08-2017, 08:26 AM
I just got bought 3 Challenge Strada Bianca tires from an eBay seller. They are 30s but I'm not sure how wide they really will be as I haven't glued them yet. Going to use them on my cross wheels for some summer fun.

RobJ
12-08-2017, 08:42 AM
As above, the Vit's at that price are the best buy going in a wider tubular. I also picked up a half dozen of them about a month ago. I really like the Veloflex's but of course those are in a different price range at that size.

Gummee
12-08-2017, 09:03 AM
I just got bought 3 Challenge Strada Bianca tires from an eBay seller. They are 30s but I'm not sure how wide they really will be as I haven't glued them yet. Going to use them on my cross wheels for some summer fun.

I have a pair. They're pretty wide. I haven't measured, but I'd say true to size.

Ride nicely too. Tough enough that I rode em at the Hilly Billy Roubaix a few years ago.

M