PDA

View Full Version : Lake extra wide?

ultraman6970
12-07-2017, 10:40 AM
Was checking the lake shoes website and they list at least 1 model in Xtra wide, the wides are pretty roomy, cant imagine extra wide...

donevwil
12-07-2017, 12:03 PM
I noticed that as well during a recent catalog search, maybe Sasquatch lobbied Lake. I'm a legit 15 EEEE and need every mm of width in a wide shoe, but Lake wides are the widest cycling shoes I've ever tried and fit me perfectly in the toe box and across the ball of my foot (heel is too wide as they all are).

ColonelJLloyd
12-07-2017, 07:14 PM
I noticed that as well during a recent catalog search, maybe Sasquatch lobbied Lake. I'm a legit 15 EEEE and need every mm of width in a wide shoe, but Lake wides are the widest cycling shoes I've ever tried and fit me perfectly in the toe box and across the ball of my foot (heel is too wide as they all are).

+1

I wear wides in most shoes. My first pair of Lakes were MX175W and were more roomy than I had to have in the heel. I took a chance on the MX237 in regular width and they fit me great. I was thinking I could stretch the kangaroo leather out a bit if need be, but it wasn't necessary.

A Lake extra wide would have to be extraordinarily wide. Egregious even. :)