PDA

View Full Version : we may all have to apologize to shino

Climb01742
04-20-2004, 02:10 PM
our resident c'dale advocate may have been on to something all along. just got the new issue of cycling plus, in which they rave about the new c'dale 6-13. how ironic would it be if suddenly c'dale lust infected the phorum? pottery-san, do you lust after one? :beer:

shinomaster
04-20-2004, 03:09 PM
the irony would be staggering

slowgoing
04-20-2004, 06:57 PM
I bought a CAAD5 frame and fork on sale a few months back and really like it. Haven't taken it for long rides, but it sure handles well, and it's very stable and doesn't feel uncomfortable at all. I like my Atlanta more though. More springy and climbs better, despite what I hear about Cannondales being great climbing bikes.

cookieguy
04-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Heading down memory lane....First "10 speed" was a 35+ pound schwinn Even as a young teen, I knew that a bike falling apart, never staying in tune just was not the way to go. I saved lawn mowing money for a full year (a massing sum of $400 at the time) and bought a Cannondale in what I think was the first year of production (early 80s). The transformation to a 22ish pound bike that felt like a rocket hooked me into biking. I still use my trusty purple Cannondale on the wind trainer. Many happy rides....now if only the Serotta I ordered would actually get here....

Dude
04-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Okay, the cats out of the bag. I have a c'dale as well. To be honest, it is a fast, fast bike. When i jump, it goes man. The BB area is so frickin stiff. It handles really well, smooth. Definately feels like an aluminum frame but i rode 95 miles on it on sunday and didnt have a problem with it.

I still have my legend which is more comfortable to climb on, mainly because of the springyness, i can get into a nice rythym but i would much prefer the cannondale in a race.

keno
04-21-2004, 05:52 AM
would probably quit riding if all he had to ride was his r2000si, w/CAAD 5 frame, unless, of course, they repaved, or paved, all of the roads in keno's world. If for some reason beyond my imagination and control I begin wheel to wheel racing, the C'dale will doubtlessly become my ride of choice in a race - lots of $$ to fix a Serotta or Spectrum vs. the transfer station.

keno

shinomaster
04-22-2004, 02:26 AM
One of the many Joys of Portland Oregon is the smooth roads..No freezy = no potholes...I dont think I could ride my Can of beans in Boston..

Too Tall
04-22-2004, 06:09 AM
Good - braaaat - -errrp - point burpmeister I hear the new NEW new C'dales ride totally different from C'dales of yore. Your point well taken here at home. I am breaking in my resurrected Clark Kent made with Columbus SLX and it is one stiff bike. Have not been on it in about 4 yrs. and have made it into my climbing / spinning days bike. Yesh, it can go when you step on the gas. Compared to the Legend Ti it is a Cooper Mini ride vs Infinity.