PDA

View Full Version : Life is tough

sokyroadie
12-04-2017, 12:32 PM
Been stuck in Crema, Italy for the last 10 days, weather has mostly been cold and cloudy. It is unfortunately a business trip, but some photo's to share.
It is a toss up between the gelato and the beer (Kwak). The Duomo is in Crema.

Flying home tomorrow

Jeff

sokyroadie
12-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Damn cell phone pics.:help:

Blown Reek
12-04-2017, 12:39 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81zPY6hmw%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

Tickdoc
12-04-2017, 01:03 PM
My neck is now sore....but it was worth it.

Makes me want to go back, dammit.

oliver1850
12-04-2017, 01:46 PM
Looks like a great place.

onsight512
12-04-2017, 01:49 PM
nice pics. that soft serve cone looks ridiculous. πŸ‘πŸ»

cgolvin
12-04-2017, 01:55 PM
Been stuck in Crema, Italy for the last 10 days, weather has mostly been cold and cloudy. It is unfortunately a business trip, but some photo's to share.
It is a toss up between the gelato and the beer (Kwak). The Duomo is in Crema.

Flying home tomorrow

Jeff

Lovely, though if memory serves that's the *wrong* glass for Kwak β€” that 'bubble' at the bottom is supposed to be fully spherical and the glass then goes in a wooden holder. At least, that's what how it was served to me in Belgium and my friend explained the origin as being the brew preferred by coach drivers, who had the wooden piece mounted on the side of the stage (apologies for the ridiculous pedantry).

ColonelJLloyd
12-04-2017, 01:58 PM

Sir!

vqdriver
12-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Damn cell phone pics.:help:

lol. as someone said here, eat a taco, enjoy the show.

nice pics. what a great job to travel to places like that

sokyroadie
12-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Lovely, though if memory serves that's the *wrong* glass for Kwak β€” that 'bubble' at the bottom is supposed to be fully spherical and the glass then goes in a wooden holder. At least, that's what how it was served to me in Belgium and my friend explained the origin as being the brew preferred by coach drivers, who had the wooden piece mounted on the side of the stage (apologies for the ridiculous pedantry).

It is the correct glass minus the wooden holder. It is labeled Kwak.

Jeff

sokyroadie
12-04-2017, 02:17 PM

You are obviously a Luddite - to call Gelato "soft serve" :no:

It is :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Jeff

AngryScientist
12-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Jeff - great stuff!

May we ask what general line of work you're in?

I see you're in Kentucky - are you a high profile bourbon salesman??

sokyroadie
12-04-2017, 02:23 PM
This was dinner tonight, I had them choose the pizza Peperone rosso, peperone giallo, salsiccia, funghi, mozzarella - Red pepper, Yellow pepper, sausage , mushrooms, mozzarella. Delicious!!! The caffe was also great. As was the Chianti x 2.

Arrivederci,
Jeff

sokyroadie
12-04-2017, 02:24 PM
*&%$ Cell phone pics.

Jeff

cgolvin
12-04-2017, 02:24 PM
It is the correct glass minus the wooden holder. It is labeled Kwak.

Jeff

Yes, saw that β€” perhaps my memory is faulty in recalling that the glass I had did not have a flat bottom. What I'm certain of is that Kwak is delicious. Much to envy in those pictures.

Davist
12-04-2017, 02:27 PM
great pix. How come all hotel breakfasts in Italy look the same?! There certainly are worse places to be stuck, I'm sure..

oliver1850
12-04-2017, 02:33 PM
*&%$ Cell phone pics.

Jeff

I envy you for what you can eat. That pizza looks great.

sokyroadie
12-04-2017, 02:37 PM
Jeff - great stuff!

May we ask what general line of work you're in?

I see you're in Kentucky - are you a high profile bourbon salesman??

Nope - I was General Manager for a large machine/fabrication/erection company - I am supposedly "semi retired" working 3 days/week but one customer requested I handle this installation which will be in Bowling Green, KY which is only 30 min. from our shop. The Italian vendor requested our presence during the dis-assembly so I got stuck :) with it. :):banana:

Jeff

BTW - Bourbon sucks
BTW - My last name is BLANTON - that Bourbon also sucks.

jemoryl
12-04-2017, 03:48 PM

Brought back memories of a pub crawl in Manchester (UK) during the '90s. Looking for interesting things to drink brought us to a brew pub/beer bar in a rough looking housing estate in Moss Side (IIRC) where they had some Belgian beers. I wound up ordering a Kwak, which was served in the bicycle horn shaped glass and wooden holder. A Yank sitting there drinking from that contraption resulting in some uncomfortable curiosity from the local chavs...

onsight512
12-04-2017, 04:17 PM
You are obviously a Luddite - to call Gelato "soft serve" :no:

It is :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Jeff

I’ve been found out. 😁 I’ll have to add β€˜I’m a heathen’ to my signature.

Mikej
12-04-2017, 06:15 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81zPY6hmw%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

Such an awesome response to sideways pics