PDA

View Full Version : Lil dudes first pedal bike

azrider
12-03-2017, 03:06 PM
Can’t wait for Christmas to get here. Little guy is gonna freak out.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171203/f2a8be1f021a58f57c8aeb0f072b85ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cicli
12-03-2017, 03:07 PM
Sweet. :banana:

onomic
12-03-2017, 03:36 PM
Awesome! Our son rides the 16" Hotrock and he loves it. These are great bikes and they take a beating. Hope you guys have fun riding together.

Matthew
12-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Cool!! Will be well on his way to spending thousands on bigger bikes some day!!

BobO
12-03-2017, 05:46 PM
That's so cool. Did you pick it up at BR?

zmudshark
12-03-2017, 05:50 PM
I think he was just born last time I saw you. Time flies, enjoy what you have.

cadence90
12-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Can’t wait for Christmas to get here. Little guy is gonna freak out.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171203/f2a8be1f021a58f57c8aeb0f072b85ab.jpg
Wow, the scale difference on that is really amazing, and somehow very touching.

Sure wish I had been fortunate enough to have children. This thread and those like PiGuy's (home-made) balance bike one are so great, and so optimistic.

Good stuff, thanks for posting!

azrider
12-04-2017, 09:43 AM
I think he was just born last time I saw you. Time flies, enjoy what you have.

You're exactly right! I think the last time you were standing in my garage he was just 2 or 3 months old. Time certainly flies indeed. He's already 3 !!

azrider
12-04-2017, 09:46 AM
That's so cool. Did you pick it up at BR?

Unfortunately no.

In my search for this particular bike, I've learned there is a huge market for pedal-less strider bikes, and then it jumps to little 16 inch bikes.

Not sure what category this tiny pedal bike falls in but they can be a little tricky to find.....especially for $30!! :banana:

Jaybee
12-04-2017, 10:19 AM
Unfortunately no.

In my search for this particular bike, I've learned there is a huge market for pedal-less strider bikes, and then it jumps to little 16 inch bikes.

Not sure what category this tiny pedal bike falls in but they can be a little tricky to find.....especially for $30!! :banana:

As someone else who is looking for a HotRock or similar 12" bike - that's a steal! Congrats, and I hope your little dude rides the crap off it.

Nice work, even if you are a Sun Devil

(Bear Down!);)

merlinmurph
12-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Man, that is so cool.

Good thing you live in AZ. I grew up outside Boston MA, and if you got a bike for Christmas, you couldn't use it very much for a few months.

azrider
12-04-2017, 11:35 AM
As someone else who is looking for a HotRock or similar 12" bike - that's a steal! Congrats, and I hope your little dude rides the crap off it.

Nice work, even if you are a Sun Devil

(Bear Down!);)

HA! I actually went to school in Missouri but growing up we'd visit my Grandparents every winter in Tempe and my Grandpa would take me to Sun Devil football games.....so it's more 'sentimental' fan instead of 'die hard' fan :p

Man, that is so cool.

Good thing you live in AZ. I grew up outside Boston MA, and if you got a bike for Christmas, you couldn't use it very much for a few months.

Growing up as kid in farm town Illinois I STILL remember first Christmas when i got bmx bike and there was about 4" of snow on ground...I learned that year that it was (probably still is) extremely difficult to pedal in a full-on snow suit from the 80's :p

Idris Icabod
12-04-2017, 12:14 PM
Unfortunately no.

I think we had the same bike in the girl flavour, white probably with flowers or mermaids. I sold it for $80, so you got a heck of a deal.

My girls (6 and 8) are now on 20" and 24" bikes, Trek makes some nice ones which is where we got them from because the shop talked to my kids and not me. My wife said I almost burst when we bought the 24" bike and the guy in the Trek shop told my daughter that she was almost on 26" wheels. All I could think of was, 'we're out of here and I'm piecing together something made out of carbon'.