PDA

View Full Version : Ritchey seatmast topper identification/differences

guylimey
12-02-2017, 06:58 PM
I see from the Ritchey website that they make two size of seatmast toppers (height wise that is) and I wondered if anyone knew how to tell the difference between the two. Is it the depth of the mast bore that is the difference (presumably one is 50mm and the other is 70mm)? I have a topper on my Wilier Cento but it is not tall enough and i am hoping it is a 50mm one as the extra 20mm from a 70mm topper would fix my problem. Appreciate the feedback from the knowledgeable tech gurus here.

Peter P.
12-02-2017, 07:39 PM
The Ritchey web site specifically says the topper comes in two LENGTHS, so that should help solve your problem. Note that the topper does NOT come with a clamp; you have to purchase that separately.

If that didn't solve your problem, I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't get a framebuilder to make a mast topper.

Peter P.
12-02-2017, 07:41 PM
I think I understand your question: Is the bore deeper and the mast length the same or is the length of the mast longer? It's gotta be the mast length; a deeper bore wouldn't result in any height difference between the two.

sandyrs
12-02-2017, 08:03 PM
I think I understand your question: Is the bore deeper and the mast length the same or is the length of the mast longer? It's gotta be the mast length; a deeper bore wouldn't result in any height difference between the two.

Pretty sure OP is just asking how to determine which length of mast topper they have.

guylimey
12-02-2017, 08:39 PM
So what do the 50mm and 70mm dimensions refer to? Must be a measurement between two points/surfaces on the mast but which points/surfaces?