PDA

View Full Version : Campy cranks - Ultra Torque vs new Over Torque??

oldguy00
12-02-2017, 05:43 AM
Hi all,

So scoping out parts for my inbound used nago EP...

I was thinking of finding 2014 era chorus or record parts. But I see there are now 'Over Torque' cranks out there.
From what I gather, they look just like the 2014 campy cranks, but have a larger axle and use different cups??
Between the 'ultra' and 'one' model, and difference other than decals and shifting pins? Same bearings on both (or do they have bearings on the crank anymore?)?

Thanks!

sw3759
12-02-2017, 06:07 AM
over torque is a great looking crankset and some great deals to be had on them but good luck finding the tool you need to remove it.if i could find a tool i would have bought a couple sets of those cranks.

campy part nmbr UT-FC120/UT-FC130

install instructions

https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/035_28_Technical%20manual%20-%20over%20torque%20crankset%20-%20Campagnolo_Rev03_02_15.pdf

oldpotatoe
12-02-2017, 06:51 AM
Hi all,

So scoping out parts for my inbound used nago EP...

I was thinking of finding 2014 era chorus or record parts. But I see there are now 'Over Torque' cranks out there.
From what I gather, they look just like the 2014 campy cranks, but have a larger axle and use different cups??
Between the 'ultra' and 'one' model, and difference other than decals and shifting pins? Same bearings on both (or do they have bearings on the crank anymore?)?

Thanks!

I'd stay away from OverTorque. As mentioned, not simple to get on or off. Campag's version of a 30mm BB spindle..I'd get UltraTorque, much more simple, works great.

tuscanyswe
12-02-2017, 07:14 AM
No bearings on the cranks of over torque so you can choose bb regardless of version of cranks.

I have no problem with my over torque cranks. But then i have the tool. I think if you have a frame with bb30 or pf30 its a better option for the cash then to do a ultra torque with an adapter. Just my opinon ofc and you do need the tool which kinda is annoying if you can't find one.

I just bought 2 sets of over torque cranks new (lighter than super record ultra torque) for something like 120$ each. Thats new from merlincycles. Cant really beat that.

ultraman6970
12-02-2017, 07:26 AM
Sent you an email op.