PDA

View Full Version : Spoke type and brand substitution

BdaGhisallo
12-01-2017, 01:36 PM
I am waiting on some new spokes to replace a spoke that broke in one of my Enve rimmed wheels. They were built with Sapim Race spokes. Is there a DT spoke that is pretty directly comparable that I could swap in so that I don't have to wait for another four weeks to get my wheel up and running?

Is a DT 14/15 DB Competition spoke a good match? Will it matter if I don't use the exact same spoke as the other 23 in the wheel?

12-01-2017, 02:02 PM
I am waiting on some new spokes to replace a spoke that broke in one of my Enve rimmed wheels. They were built with Sapim Race spokes. Is there a DT spoke that is pretty directly comparable that I could swap in so that I don't have to wait for another four weeks to get my wheel up and running?

Is a DT 14/15 DB Competition spoke a good match? Will it matter if I don't use the exact same spoke as the other 23 in the wheel?

The difference is negligible.

ColonelJLloyd
12-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Is a DT 14/15 DB Competition spoke a good match?

Just fine.

oldpotatoe
12-01-2017, 02:34 PM

4 weeks to get a spoke? Geez, what length and I’ll send ya one but DTComp perfect replacement. Matters nada.

BdaGhisallo
12-01-2017, 05:28 PM
4 weeks to get a spoke? Geez, what length and I’ll send ya one but DTComp perfect replacement. Matters nada.

Thanks for the offer.

Shipping into Bermuda via airmail is slow at the best of times and this time of year they seem to go out of their way to slow it up even further. I had a batch of spokes shipped to me on Nov 13th and I am still waiting on them! I have had parcels take three days to get to Bermuda from California and another ten days to get the ten miles from the Bda airport to my sub post office in the west end of the island. I once had a parcel take three days to get to me from New Zealand and have had local mail take three weeks to get to me from a post office 2 miles away from mine.

'Island time' can be very aggravating time.