PDA

View Full Version : Canti brakes with Mavic Exalith slr braking

masters324
11-30-2017, 09:57 PM
Anyone have any luck running Canti brakes with Mavic Exalith slr braking surface?

Major squealing, tried a couple different ways of toeing the pads and still no luck..

fa63
11-30-2017, 10:01 PM
A riding buddy has an Exalith wheelset. I hated riding with him for the first few rides because of the awful noise, but it eventually went away once the pads wore in. I have heard people having good luck with more toe-in than usual, but that didn't work for my buddy. Good luck!

pdmtong
11-30-2017, 10:40 PM
the first set of pads can be very noisy...hang in there until you get to the second set.

that said, where are you getting the pads for shimano holders? the mavic pads are ridiculously expensive!

the PEO campagnolo pads are 1/4 the price, but USA only seems to sell for campy holders while you can get campy or shimano from EU

the Vittoria nero pads would be the cheapest if only I could find them USA

masters324
12-01-2017, 01:04 PM
they just work so well and perfect on road calipers. Also, I have version 1 of the brake pads... never had an issue with them until trying to run them on Canti's. I've had these pads for a while which came with the wheels for shimano holders.. yeah your right hard to find it seems... for the version 2's and yes very expensive! humm maybe back to aluminum braking surface or just suck it up and go disc

masters324
12-01-2017, 01:07 PM
Oh! I totally forgot I once ran them with with exalt pads on paul mini moto with a paul touring in the rear and I managed to set them up without issue... but now I'm running some TRP's and no luck (even with the toeing)

donzash
08-03-2020, 01:34 PM
Hey all, so how do you even get the exalith pads installed on the paul brakes?
They only sell the campgnolo and shimano versions.

Mark McM
08-03-2020, 02:17 PM
There are cyclocross specific brake pad holders that fit Shimano road pads, but can be mounted on MTB style brakes. One example is the Kool Stop Cross Pad:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/EYb1TonJJxP_ItxlvJhLdDDFRKkh-fakEbPdYuBbECFGCcaVKVpHm45IHvf-nHMH2Ewr_BwwzGFozocRl5YEPLiqzUNh=s1600-l75-e7

http://www.koolstop.com/english/crosspad.html