PDA

View Full Version : Rascal Flatts

musgravecycles
09-22-2006, 09:05 PM
About a week and a half ago I got a flat on the way to work, no problem, throw a new tube in and away we go.

Last Thursday my wife had to come get me when outta‘the blue my VERY vintage wheel (was my fathers before me...) blew a spoke and the wheel went nut'zo...

Last night coming home from work I hear the sudden PSSSSTTTT coming from the ft. wheel. Not normally a problem, but I realized I'd forgotten to put the saddle bag back on the bike several days ago. I pulled over to the side of the road and check the tire; sure enough it's goin' flat. I started poking around it and the air stops leaking... "Hmmmm I'd better make hay.” I sat as far back on the saddle as I could and TT’d the remaining 2 miles home. Whew!

This morning before I take off for work I realized that I hadn't fixed the wheel from last night. I was more than curious as to the reason it let out 50 psi then stopped. Anyway I discovered the hole in the tube was in the rim side. Low and behold I find a spoke sticking through the Velox rim strip... "What the..., have I ever changed that in the 5+ years I’ve been ridding that wheel…" Not wanting to take the time to dig a rim strip out of the box I took the race bike today.

About 4 miles from home tonight, as I'm hammering (I was motivated as It was raining.) up over a bridge I realized that my rear was getting pretty darn mushy awfully fast. "CRAP, I forgot to grab the frame pump off the other bike this morning..." :crap:

My wife left this A.M. to visit her sister in St. Louis, I don't have a cell phone, and we live pretty rural... Not wanting to walk home in my pretty white R7's I pulled them/socks off and walked the remaining 4 miles over freshly laid (last week) chip'n seal laughing to myself about the 'barefoot hiking' thread from this A.M...

Did I miss the official newsflash or something...

gasman
09-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Bet you don't forget a pump or a saddle bag for a long time.