PDA

View Full Version : Good deal (Colnago)...?

oldguy00
11-30-2017, 09:13 AM
I think I done good.... early Xmas present while I continue to hunt for a 54 MX leader or Dogma Magnesium...

Bentley
11-30-2017, 09:27 AM
I think I done good.... early Xmas present while I continue to hunt for a 54 MX leader or Dogma Magnesium...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322899944062

I assume I'll need italian cups for this? Time to start gathering some chorus parts... :)

I missed getting my bid in, on a phone call but it would have cost you another $25. Let me know when you are ready to move on, could work a sale or a trade for a freshly painted IF Crown Jewel

Ray

ultraman6970
11-30-2017, 09:30 AM
Oldguy u did ok, think on sending that frame to get a nice fresh clear coat if you can at some point.

oldguy00
11-30-2017, 09:36 AM
Oldguy u did ok, think on sending that frame to get a nice fresh clear coat if you can at some point.

I looked as close as possible at the pics, I'll probably be OK with the clear coat issues. I hardly ever get out for a ride anymore, its all indoor kickr stuff, training for triathlon using a speed concept 9.

This will be for the very odd road bike ride, zipping around the neighborhood with kids, backup bike to my tri bike..etc. Thus not going ridiculous on the build. Likely previous generation Chorus mech stuff.

oldguy00
11-30-2017, 09:37 AM
I missed getting my bid in, on a phone call but it would have cost you another $25. Let me know when you are ready to move on, could work a sale or a trade for a freshly painted IF Crown Jewel

Ray

Hey, you never know. Do you have details and pics posted?

Keith A
11-30-2017, 09:41 AM
Nice one!

Spaghetti Legs
11-30-2017, 12:41 PM
A well respected frame; pretty good price. You might want to wait until you get it or ask seller beforehand you buy a B.B. Somehwere around this time Colnago went English thread, and Madonna del Ghisallo shed a tear.

oldguy00
11-30-2017, 12:45 PM
Good point. I have some english threaded bb's I can try on it before I order an Ital.

nismosr
11-30-2017, 12:51 PM
pretty good deal .. I paid $670 for the same frame EPS in Traditional Geo, 2 years ago, I use an Italian cups.

Keith A
11-30-2017, 12:53 PM
My '08 C-50 is Italian, and my guess is that your new EP might be too. I know some of the EPS switched to an English BB.

Spaghetti Legs
11-30-2017, 07:44 PM
My '08 C-50 is Italian, and my guess is that your new EP might be too. I know some of the EPS switched to an English BB.

Yeah my ‘09 or 10 EPS is English. Maybe it was a moment of weakness on their part.

Bentley
11-30-2017, 08:02 PM
Hey, you never know. Do you have details and pics posted?

I just got it back from paint still in the box. Paint is crazy combinations of green ,blue, red pearls laid up on black. I have not built it up. Send ur email and I'll take some pics

Ray

Keith A
11-30-2017, 08:05 PM
I just got it back from paint still in the box. Paint is crazy combinations of green ,blue, red pearls laid up on black. I have not built it up. Send ur email and I'll take some pics

RayMake sure you post this here too...I'd like to see this :)

C40_guy
12-11-2017, 11:11 AM
A well respected frame; pretty good price. You might want to wait until you get it or ask seller beforehand you buy a B.B. Somehwere around this time Colnago went English thread, and Madonna del Ghisallo shed a tear.

Yep. I had a devil of a time getting Phil Wood cups installed on my (new to me) Prestige CX. Did some googling and tried a pair of British threaded cups. They went on much more easily than the Italian jobs.

BTW, send the serial number to laura AT colnago DOT com to verify the bike and get build date...

Nice bike!

oldguy00
12-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys. Got the frame, and when I tried to put the british/english BB I had, it just fell into the shell.. :) So I guess its Italian. I have one on the way from Merlin.

soulspinner
12-11-2017, 04:17 PM
I looked as close as possible at the pics, I'll probably be OK with the clear coat issues. I hardly ever get out for a ride anymore, its all indoor kickr stuff, training for triathlon using a speed concept 9.

This will be for the very odd road bike ride, zipping around the neighborhood with kids, backup bike to my tri bike..etc. Thus not going ridiculous on the build. Likely previous generation Chorus mech stuff.

Nuthin wrong with Chorus stuff. To me the best performance/weight /durability /price out there