PDA

View Full Version : OT: internets down?

Cat3roadracer
11-26-2017, 12:58 PM
Anyone notice something strange going on with the internets this afternoon?

Cicli
11-26-2017, 01:06 PM
Anyone notice something strange going on with the internets this afternoon?

Nope

zmudshark
11-26-2017, 01:31 PM
Anyone notice something strange going on with the internets this afternoon?For awhile all the pages were slow to load and in Russian, but apart from that... :eek:

toosahn
11-26-2017, 01:32 PM
Its because Bitcoin is hitting all time highs

Bob Ross
11-26-2017, 02:15 PM
I can't get the Velocipede Salon site to load because I keep getting an alert that says "Clock error: Your clock is ahead. A private connection to www.velocipedesalon.com can't be established because your computer's date and time (Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 3:13:31 PM) are incorrect. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID"

...but A) my clock is correct thank you very much, and B) everything else works just fine.

Aliens, man...

bironi
11-26-2017, 02:24 PM
I can't get the Velocipede Salon site to load because I keep getting an alert that says "Clock error: Your clock is ahead. A private connection to www.velocipedesalon.com can't be established because your computer's date and time (Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 3:13:31 PM) are incorrect. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID"

...but A) my clock is correct thank you very much, and B) everything else works just fine.

Aliens, man...

I am unable to connect to Velocipedesalon.com as well. I get this message.

Your connectioln is not private.

arimajol
11-26-2017, 02:24 PM

Aliens, man...

I can't get Vsalon to load either. Chrome tells me the site is not secure and the connection is not private.

ElvisMerckx
11-26-2017, 02:32 PM
Same here, VS stopped working yesterday afternoon. Expired certs or something. I sent TooTall an email but have not heard back.

dave thompson
11-26-2017, 03:03 PM
Vsalon certificate expired day before yesterday and your computer is alerting you to this.

Red Tornado
11-26-2017, 03:48 PM
Google Chrome in general got very slow for a while, but now is back up to normal speed again.

Burnette
11-26-2017, 04:20 PM
Vsalon certificate expired day before yesterday and your computer is alerting you to this.

Did they throw in the towel? Or, um, the certificate?

bewheels
11-26-2017, 05:27 PM
The SSL cert for VSalon needs to be renewed. TT is aware of it and will take care of it - he had been traveling and off line.
You can still get to it. Depending on your browser, there will be a link after the warning message that says something like "advanced" or something that lets you go in and accept the current cert.

As far as internet slowness, outside of the Russians having their fun, the "internet" is like the "power grid". Both are webs that are made up of many many sub pieces. Unless you live in my grid, my losing power or the internet doesn't affect others.

oldpotatoe
11-27-2017, 07:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSL8mSraiZ4

summilux
11-27-2017, 09:34 AM
Is there any actual danger to getting onto a site with an expired security certificate? I'm trying to balance my paranoia with my need for a VSalon hit.

Veloo
11-27-2017, 09:36 AM
Too much cyber-monday-ing going on? Couple of LBS sites were taking forever to load.

Keith A
11-27-2017, 09:50 AM
Is there any actual danger to getting onto a site with an expired security certificate? I'm trying to balance my paranoia with my need for a VSalon hit.I don't think you are in any harm if you visit that site, assuming the only problem is from an expired SSL certificate.

Aaron O
11-27-2017, 10:17 AM
For awhile all the pages were slow to load and in Russian, but apart from that... :eek:

Crazy Ivan!