PDA

View Full Version : Ritchey Road Logic Frame Headset Binding

Geekonbike
11-22-2017, 10:05 AM
Just picked up a Ritchey Road Logic (the new Blue one) Went to assemble it and I'm having significant headset binding, e.g. the headtube cup is rubbing on the fork crown.

I've contacted Ritchey, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this on the Ritchey integrated cups?

Gummee
11-22-2017, 12:11 PM
you missing the crown race?

M

zennmotion
11-22-2017, 01:03 PM
I remember when this was an issue with Litespeed with the first iterations of integrated HT's when more than a few came from the factory ovalized. Hope that's not the case here with Ritchey

Gummee
11-22-2017, 01:23 PM
I remember when this was an issue with Litespeed with the first iterations of integrated HT's when more than a few came from the factory ovalized. Hope that's not the case here with Ritchey

My P650B doesn't have that problem. Same HS style

M

macaroon
11-22-2017, 01:53 PM
Will just need the headset cup facing I'd imagine. You could always take a file to it if you can't be bothered taking it to an LBS. It's probably just a thick layer of paint.

Peter P.
11-22-2017, 04:06 PM
Can you post a photo of where the cup is rubbing on the fork crown? Is it possible there's a shim that is supposed to fit on the fork crown before the bearing is installed?

Hindmost
11-22-2017, 05:27 PM
... Is it possible there's a shim that is supposed to fit on the fork crown...

Shim/seal (iirc)?

oldpotatoe
11-23-2017, 07:02 AM
you missing the crown race?

M

That's what I'm guessing, or check to see if the upper and lower bearings are different..larger on bottom

...For above,'facing' the headtube integrated 'cup' is not something most LBS can do..