PDA

View Full Version : Which Assos S7 bibs should I try?

Climb01742
11-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Love my Assos S5 bibs, but all my pairs are finally about to give up the ghost. I've been riding Castelli bibs a lot the last few years, because a) like them and b) they go on sale.

But I'd like to try the S7. Thing is, I just can't bring myself to drop the serious coin on their most expensive versions. So my question: is there a mid-priced model of the S7 bibs that's a sweet spot for quality, comfort and (relative) value? Thanks!

shovelhd
11-22-2017, 08:25 AM
I have switched from club bibs from multiple vendors (Verge, Voler, and most recently Pactimo) to only Assos T.equipe S7. I've never ridden the team issue level bibs so I can't compare, but these are by far the best bibs I've ever ridden. Love them. I get them from Cycles UK, between $163-$168 so far depending on the exchange rate. Shipping is free and I get them within a week. Thanks for reminding me to order another set. Stock varies often so while they may be out of your size now, check back in a week.

The T.equipe is designed to fit slender riders. I normally ride a small but the medium fits me better. If you want more room in the front then try the T.mille, although it's a lower quality short.

fignon's barber
11-22-2017, 08:30 AM
I've got the Equipe. Great bibs. The lower level one, the Neo Pro, is also supposed to be good, and they have them for $93 at the assos outlet right now.

Black Dog
11-22-2017, 09:01 AM
I ride the S7 neo-pro (the cheapest model) and I can say the quality is outstanding and the durability is amazing. I have one pair that is 2 years old and is as nice as my 5 month old pair. I can not wear them out no matter how many times a wear them and wash them. Nothing fancy, I just throw them in the front load washer with the rest of my clothes and air dry.

ltwtsculler91
11-22-2017, 09:02 AM
Owning all 4 varieties of S7s, I'd say the Equipe's are the pick of the bunch of the money.

If you've got a little extra cash, the FF1 shorts are awesome. They're the woven material of the Campionissmo shorts with the chamois from the Equipe's and I think they're a better buy than the Centos.

The standard NeoPro/Milles are a solid short for everyday rides, but the Equipes (and other higher end) are noticeably better for longer 40+ mile rides.

makoti
11-22-2017, 10:10 AM
Equipe.

tv_vt
11-22-2017, 11:09 AM
Tried the Neo Pros and Equipes.

Sold the NeoPros, bought a couple more Equipes...

Aldus
11-22-2017, 03:34 PM
Another vote for the Equipes from me. Best bibs I own.