PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot hand pump - lezyne copy, kinda

AngryScientist
11-19-2017, 08:50 AM
Spotted this in Home Depot last while running errands. Had to pick one up for $10 just to see.

havent opened it yet, but i'll report back. Same double ended flex hose like the lezyne pump.

https://instagram.fewr1-3.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/23596670_366827727061982_4442135329649983488_n.jpg

R3awak3n
11-19-2017, 08:59 AM
well, the lezynes are kinda crappy so this one will probably be too.

frame pump club here!

jk jk, let us know how it is, for $10 bucks, I would probably pick one up

sales guy
11-19-2017, 10:06 AM
FAR from a Lezyne pump.

It's funny how many people love certain other brands of pumps like Giant, Cannondale, Specialized and others. Yet slam Lezyne. Lezyne makes those also.

AngryScientist
11-19-2017, 10:09 AM
i love my lezyne pump - for the record. it has bailed me out of many a jam.

https://instagram.fewr1-3.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/21909696_365446660552130_1487004663847845888_n.jpg

sales guy
11-19-2017, 10:16 AM
i love my lezyne pump - for the record. it has bailed me out of many a jam.

https://instagram.fewr1-3.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/21909696_365446660552130_1487004663847845888_n.jpg

I love mine as well. I've never had an issue with any of them. Is it the same as a Silca, nope. Is it as easy to care for, yep. Yeah, i worked for them. But still, it's not a bad product. I love the looks and finish of them. Love some of the innovative things they've done. And again, I love how easy to maintain they are. Mine are many years old and many thousands of uses on them. Never had a problem.

pasadena
11-19-2017, 10:32 AM
That small Lezyne pump is the only one I use when I travel!
It'll make short work of road tires, I don't want for anything more.

It's great-one of those perfect tools you end up relying on year afer year.

Well, I lost one of the rubber end plugs- ripped it off by accident.
But that doesn't affect how it works.

I keep meaning to mount it on my road bike but I just do the CO2 thing
just too much a nerd about wanting the bike to look clean :)

sales guy
11-19-2017, 10:48 AM
That small Lezyne pump is the only one I use when I travel!
It'll make short work of road tires, I don't want for anything more.

It's great-one of those perfect tools you end up relying on year afer year.

Well, I lost one of the rubber end plugs- ripped it off by accident.
But that doesn't affect how it works.

I keep meaning to mount it on my road bike but I just do the CO2 thing
just too much a nerd about wanting the bike to look clean :)

Send me a picture of your pump and I can mail you a replacement end cap seal.

Cicli
11-19-2017, 12:04 PM
I would rather have Home Depot than anything Lezyne.

54ny77
11-19-2017, 12:29 PM
i always thought a slick invention would be one of those super light hand pumps that would allow for manual pump as well as co2 usage, with ability to store 1 or 2 cartridges inside the chamber. of course, one could always just carry a c02 inflator head and catridge, plus the pump...:rolleyes:

almost picked up one of them carbon fiber lezyne pumps but....instead in my little under-the-salle pouch i stuff 2 c02 cartridges, 2 tubes, and in my jersey picket is a cell phone with an uber app in case things go really south....

Clean39T
11-19-2017, 12:38 PM
i always thought a slick invention would be one of those super light hand pumps that would allow for manual pump as well as co2 usage, with ability to store 1 or 2 cartridges inside the chamber. of course, one could always just carry a c02 inflator head and catridge, plus the pump...:rolleyes:

almost picked up one of them carbon fiber lezyne pumps but....instead in my little under-the-salle pouch i stuff 2 c02 cartridges, 2 tubes, and in my jersey picket is a cell phone with an uber app in case things go really south....

Plenty of folks make what you're looking for now.

After going through 2 canisters yesterday to nurse myself home 25 miles on a slowly-deflating rear tire, I'm rethinking my "canisters only" approach. I've got a tiny Blackburn airstick I think I'll carry instead of one of the canisters - plus a single tube, and park patches...

54ny77
11-19-2017, 12:59 PM
got any product suggestions?

i just looked at the lezyne website and couldn't figure that one out (small hamd pump that also holds c02 canisters).

main reason i don't use hand pump is a) i hate carrying stuff in my jersey pocket (i have a perhaps irrational fear of thinking whatever's in my back could possible hurt me badly if i got into an accident on bike), b) i have a small under-saddle pouch (don't want to use bigger pouch since it'll block my rear light, plus i don't like the looks of a huge pouch back there), and c) i don't want to mount anything to the frame (just don't like the looks of it). those are my only requirements....:p

Plenty of folks make what you're looking for now.

After going through 2 canisters yesterday to nurse myself home 25 miles on a slowly-deflating rear tire, I'm rethinking my "canisters only" approach. I've got a tiny Blackburn airstick I think I'll carry instead of one of the canisters - plus a single tube, and park patches...

pasadena
11-19-2017, 01:16 PM
Thank you sales guy! that's awesome

I'll PM you my address

Send me a picture of your pump and I can mail you a replacement end cap seal.

Clean39T
11-19-2017, 01:25 PM
got any product suggestions?

i just looked at the lezyne website and couldn't figure that one out (small hamd pump that also holds c02 canisters).

main reason i don't use hand pump is a) i hate carrying stuff in my jersey pocket (i have a perhaps irrational fear of thinking whatever's in my back could possible hurt me badly if i got into an accident on bike), b) i have a small under-saddle pouch (don't want to use bigger pouch since it'll block my rear light, plus i don't like the looks of a huge pouch back there), and c) i don't want to mount anything to the frame (just don't like the looks of it). those are my only requirements....:p

I'm the same way. I can't speak to the quality of this one since I haven't used it myself, but it's generally what I'd be looking for: https://ridepdw.com/collections/inflation/products/ninja-pump

I really like my CO2 inflator from Specialized though. It's the one that lets you bump a little air in without blowing the whole cartridge. That came in super handy on my last ride. Maybe others have that feature. My only other cartridge inflator is an old brass Silca from the early 00's.

sales guy
11-19-2017, 01:31 PM
Thank you sales guy! that's awesome

I'll PM you my address

Sure thing. I'll send one of each end out on Monday.

54ny77
11-19-2017, 01:47 PM
thanks for the suggestion. my bag of choice is arundel duo. if it doesn't fit in there, i don't carry it. it's 5.25" long.

i'll have to try putting a similar diameter dowel in there there as the pump to test it out, which is 5.75" might be a bit of a challenge. on an angle, might be able to finagle an extra quarter inch or so, but with two tubes inside, it'll be a tough stretch.

I'm the same way. I can't speak to the quality of this one since I haven't used it myself, but it's generally what I'd be looking for: https://ridepdw.com/collections/inflation/products/ninja-pump

I really like my CO2 inflator from Specialized though. It's the one that lets you bump a little air in without blowing the whole cartridge. That came in super handy on my last ride. Maybe others have that feature. My only other cartridge inflator is an old brass Silca from the early 00's.

Clean39T
11-19-2017, 01:51 PM
thanks for the suggestion. my bag of choice is arundel duo. if it doesn't fit in there, i don't carry it. it's 5.25" long.

i'll have to try puttin a similar diameter dowel in there there as the pump, which is 5.75" might be a bit of a challenge. on an angle, might be able to finagle an extra quarter inch or so, but with two tubes inside, it'll be a tough stretch.

You may have to strap it under the seat-bag, in which case a home-made latex prophylactic could keep it safely out of the weather...cut a section of old tube...superglue one end and put a reinforced button on the other...the coffee-shop puns would be priceless...