PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo H11 hacks and feedback

NoMoreParagon
11-18-2017, 02:22 PM
Anybody riding the new H11 Disc gruppo?
Only thing holding me off is lack of medium cage RD option for EPS and 160mm front rotor size.
First problem has been coped by mounting a Potenza cage on the EPS RD. as far as switching to 140mm I am thinking of just using a spare rear caliper on front fork. Any recommendation? Thanks a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRietz
11-18-2017, 03:29 PM
I’d recommend running a 160 on the front. The minor weight gain is far outweighed, I think, by superior stopping power.

Unless your fork is spec’d 140 only, that is.

PaMtbRider
11-18-2017, 03:30 PM
I was told medium cage was available all the way through Super Record. Maybe that was for mechanical and not EPS.

d_douglas
11-18-2017, 03:48 PM
Just waiting on brake adapter for post mount frame/forks. Or real life feedback that the Magura caliper solution is safe and reliable.

NoMoreParagon
11-18-2017, 04:08 PM
I’d recommend running a 160 on the front. The minor weight gain is far outweighed, I think, by superior stopping power.

Unless your fork is spec’d 140 only, that is.

Yeah I had 160mm f/r on my previous ride. Have been running 140 f/r and more than enough stopping power even on long descends for my application.
Too bad campy is not set up for 140 front

NoMoreParagon
11-18-2017, 04:09 PM
I was told medium cage was available all the way through Super Record. Maybe that was for mechanical and not EPS.

Yeah unfortunately medium cage only for mechanical. ESP RD hasn't been updated since 2012 more or less...:mad:

NoMoreParagon
11-18-2017, 04:13 PM
Just waiting on brake adapter for post mount frame/forks. Or real life feedback that the Magura caliper solution is safe and reliable.

I hear you... been waiting on the same but then I gave up. Hard to manufacture a proper pm to fm adapter unless the pm mount has deep enough attachment and you can somehow manufacture an adapter like the one below...not ideal but this is the closest approximation I could think of.

beeatnik
11-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Disc brakes on race bikes are so weird.

cachagua
11-19-2017, 12:36 AM
I don't hardly know how to spell disc brakes, so this might be a dumb question, but looking at the above adapter... what would happen if you just used washers?

Or is there a part I can't see, or something?

tuscanyswe
11-19-2017, 05:44 AM
I don't hardly know how to spell disc brakes, so this might be a dumb question, but looking at the above adapter... what would happen if you just used washers?

Or is there a part I can't see, or something?

Im the same but i would assume the caliper is screwed onto the adapter (where we can't see in that picture) and the adaptor is then screwed on to the post mount fittings which we can see.

oldpotatoe
11-19-2017, 07:04 AM

Same cage, mechanical->EPS so a Potenza will work fine. ..Plus medium cage offered all the way up to SR for 2018..

R3awak3n
11-19-2017, 07:27 AM
If not offered in eps, you could always buy a potenza mech and gut the mid cage. Unless eps uses a differwnt cage but Indouvt it

joosttx
11-19-2017, 07:28 AM
Same cage, mechanical->EPS so a Potenza will work fine. ..Plus medium cage offered all the way up to SR for 2018..

Lionel, who posts here and had one of the first H11 groups shipped to the US, put a roadlink and a 11x36 cassette which worked well, not campu perfect, when we road for three days together. Check out post #805 for pictures

https://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f2/thinking-roubaix-specific-all-road-bike-39185-41.html

sales guy
11-19-2017, 10:13 AM
I hear you... been waiting on the same but then I gave up. Hard to manufacture a proper pm to fm adapter unless the pm mount has deep enough attachment and you can somehow manufacture an adapter like the one below...not ideal but this is the closest approximation I could think of.

I love the bolt on axle with a carbon fork and a modified carbon trip spoke. Nice bodge up with the adaptor. I'd love to know who did this.

hollowgram5
11-19-2017, 10:18 AM
If not offered in eps, you could always buy a potenza mech and gut the mid cage. Unless eps uses a differwnt cage but Indouvt itSkunkworks Bikes in AUS did a cage swap for a customer who was taking their bike to the Alps and needed a bit more range..

From what he described, it's a direct swap.

R3awak3n
11-19-2017, 10:27 AM
Skunkworks Bikes in AUS did a cage swap for a customer who was taking their bike to the Alps and needed a bit more range..

From what he described, it's a direct swap.

You are right, that was on an eps

Lionel
11-19-2017, 11:03 AM
Lionel, who posts here and had one of the first H11 groups shipped to the US, put a roadlink and a 11x36 cassette which worked well, not campu perfect, when we road for three days together. Check out post #805 for pictures

https://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f2/thinking-roubaix-specific-all-road-bike-39185-41.html

Yep. This works well. I rode this bike yesterday and the H11 stuff is really great.

NoMoreParagon
11-19-2017, 05:39 PM

That's a great idea. Really good. Thank u so much!!

NoMoreParagon
11-19-2017, 05:41 PM
I love the bolt on axle with a carbon fork and a modified carbon trip spoke. Nice bodge up with the adaptor. I'd love to know who did this.

He designed himself..I might be able to get the drawings if you interested

NoMoreParagon
11-19-2017, 05:42 PM
You are right, that was on an eps

Apparently the spring on potenza is not compatible with carbon caged rd..who knows

NoMoreParagon
11-19-2017, 05:46 PM
Yep. This works well. I rode this bike yesterday and the H11 stuff is really great.

Congrats on the bike. It's really special. I think once I get a hack on the front caliper to accomodate a 140mm rotor the H11 is a go.

Thanks again for the road link idea for the RD and larger cassette