PDA

View Full Version : OT: Navy pilots (not OP)

zmudshark
11-17-2017, 10:56 AM
https://www.thedailybeast.com/navy-admits-its-fliers-drew-penises-over-washington-state

BumbleBeeDave
11-17-2017, 11:01 AM
. . . size DOES matter?

:eek:

:rolleyes:

kmla320
11-17-2017, 12:08 PM
Well,boy's will be boy's,not that my wife agree's with that statement!!

Ken Robb
11-17-2017, 03:42 PM
Well,boy's will be boy's,not that my wife agree's with that statement!!

Well. maybe, but not all Navy pilots are boys these days. :)

berserk87
11-17-2017, 03:43 PM
(forehead slap). My tax dollars paying for the fuel that some guy used to draw a wang in the sky.

cadence90
11-17-2017, 03:55 PM
Wait just one minute here...so I've been wrong for all these 40+ years and the song is really called "Penis In The Sky" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srbrdZ_EhWo) and not "Spirit In The Sky"??? .:confused:

D@mn...

peanutgallery
11-17-2017, 04:06 PM
Creative, but he should have done it over Portland:)

HenryA
11-17-2017, 05:19 PM
At some point people will have to get a sense of humor, but for now the outrage machine is working overtime.

zmudshark
11-17-2017, 05:23 PM
Creative, but he should have done it over Portland:)

Should have done it full afterburners, vertical climb.

bicycletricycle
11-17-2017, 05:26 PM
I approve, hope the outrage machine doesn't put these pilots in jail for reckless sexual harassment or something. You have to allow for a little bit of horsing around, we are asking these people to risk their lives for us.

charliedid
11-17-2017, 05:29 PM
They let 12 year olds in the Air Force?

Seramount
11-17-2017, 05:32 PM
(forehead slap). My tax dollars paying for the fuel that some guy used to draw a wang in the sky.

do you have any idea what the DoD budget is?

money spent on fuel for a single aircraft on a single flight is a mere pittance.

focus on something worthwhile.

BobO
11-17-2017, 05:36 PM
Should have done it full afterburners, vertical climb.

That was my thought. :p

zmudshark
11-17-2017, 05:44 PM
These guys have to do this (train) all the time, and flawlessly. They fly a lot of hours.

That being said, I wish they would have done an elephant.

Luwabra
11-17-2017, 06:26 PM
I hope tomorrow they do a vagina so everyone is covered.

Peter P.
11-17-2017, 08:45 PM
That is NOT a penis.

It's a ten gallon hat.

There; now they're off the hook.

Louis
11-17-2017, 09:26 PM
I wonder what aircraft it was. As far as I know, only the airshow birds can smoke on command. (It this case for Navy that would be the Blue Angels, but I don't think they would be the type of pilots to pull a stunt like that.)

Edit: BBC web site says that it was an F-18G, so no smoke-making device. It must have been the contrail. (or as the conspiracy kooks call it, the "chem trail")

oldpotatoe
11-18-2017, 06:40 AM
I wonder what aircraft it was. As far as I know, only the airshow birds can smoke on command. (It this case for Navy that would be the Blue Angels, but I don't think they would be the type of pilots to pull a stunt like that.)

Edit: BBC web site says that it was an F-18G, so no smoke-making device. It must have been the contrail. (or as the conspiracy kooks call it, the "chem trail")

Since pretty low altitude(?), probably not contrails, but if higher, could be 'cons'..BUT, I'm thinking fuel dumps on. BUT guys flying 'qu__r Hornets(EF-18, electronic jamming aircraft-replaced the EA-6B), those guys have always been kinda strange....:)

As for the 'Blues...you would be surprised..maybe not..:)

GregL
11-18-2017, 07:05 AM
In my opinion, most of the media reports are incorrect when discussing the altitude of the "art work." I believe that the drawing is at high altitude and the "ink" is actually condensation trails from the aircraft's normal exhaust. No smoke, no chemtrails (sorry, conspiracy theorists), just some very precise flying in the 25K-35K foot altitude range. Certainly not appropriate use of Government property, but precise aviating nonetheless...

Greg

Cicli
11-18-2017, 07:10 AM
Who cares?
I agree, the outrage machine has gone plaid. People need to calm down.

alancw3
11-18-2017, 08:21 AM
Who cares?
I agree, the outrage machine has gone plaid. People need to calm down.

i could not agree more. people need to chill out. i actually think it was pretty clever of our pilots to come up with. i just hope they have as much dexterity when it comes to defending the usa. if so then i have know problem with a little humor.

Kontact
11-18-2017, 08:52 AM
They let 12 year olds in the Air Force?
They let as many 12 year olds in the Air Force as they let Air Force pilots in Navy planes.

Personally, I'm impressed that anyone could draw anything recognizable with a plane that has the turn radius of an F/A-18.

berserk87
11-18-2017, 09:10 AM
do you have any idea what the DoD budget is?

money spent on fuel for a single aircraft on a single flight is a mere pittance.

focus on something worthwhile.

Easy there, darkside. Just making a joke. I have a son in the Navy.

If you want to prepare a cost-benefit analysis on this endeavor, feel free to furnish charts, graphs and other supporting documentation to prove whatever point you are trying to make. I'm here for laughs, brother.

There's no small irony in you taking the time out of your day to tell me to focus on something worthwhile, by the way.

William
11-18-2017, 02:49 PM
Easy Mav.... :)

William

azrider
11-18-2017, 03:08 PM
Easy Mav.... :)

William

https://media.giphy.com/media/cTw8V1RMKo3Bu/giphy.gif

Bruce K
11-18-2017, 03:32 PM
The skill it took to execute 3 precise high G turns, two of them in succession and in opposite directions with minimal altitude deviation is pretty extraordinary.

Spokesperson clearly does not understand the value of maneuvers like these.

:eek:

BK