PDA

View Full Version : EE Brakes - difference between first and second generations

dbnm
11-16-2017, 08:37 AM
What are the difference between the first and second generations of EE Brakes?

huck*this
11-16-2017, 10:03 AM
Function the same way. When Cane Creek took over the new gen fits wider wheels on modern day. Also can't remember if the shoes still have the super easy ability to swap out the pads.

So to sum it up. If you are ridding wider wheels you will need the newer gen if old narrower wheels previous gen. Either way best rim brakes on the market and will keep you from going to disc.

R3awak3n
11-16-2017, 10:27 AM
well there are now techincally 3 gens.

pre 2014, 2014 till cane creek and now cane creek.

I thought the non cane creek and cane creek are virtually the same. The pre 2014 which is what I have are a bit different.

The way they mount to the bike is different amongst other things. They are an excellent brake. Work just fine with wide rims as well.

Can't compare em to the new ones because I never used the new ones.

FlashUNC
11-16-2017, 10:35 AM
Biggest post-2014 difference really for me is the adjustment for rim and tire clearance isn't like Campy Deltas where its handled at the mounting bolt, Craig simply started making longer arms. He also adjusted the arm angle to better contact with wider rims where the industry is headed.

There's other smaller running changes, like the centering adjustment screw going from a sardine can style to a small 3mm allen head.

Cycling Tips did a full run down in their review: https://cyclingtips.com/2015/11/eecycleworks-eebrakes-review/

dbnm
11-16-2017, 11:46 AM
Thank you!