PDA

View Full Version : Single campy chainring on over torque?

tuscanyswe
11-14-2017, 06:35 AM
So thinking of running a single 44t ring on a campy over torque crankset.

Been a while since i singelfied a campy crank and i remember it not beeing as easy as i wanted then either and with the ever changing chaining standards I'm out of the loop.. Something tells me it will be difficult to source bolts that would make this easy, does anyone know if these bolts exists?

Perhaps easier to just run a 44/39 with existing bolts but thats not ideal as it would somewhat bother me to have a ring i won't be using and no derailleur for..

oldpotatoe
11-14-2017, 06:48 AM
So thinking of running a single 44t ring on a campy over torque crankset.

Been a while since i singlefying a campy crank and i remember it not beeing as easy as i wanted then either and with the ever chaining standards I'm out of the loop.. Something tells me it will be difficult to source bolts that would make this easy, does anyone know if these bolts exists?

Perhaps easier to just run a 44/39 with existing bolts but thats not ideal as it would somewhat bother me to have a ring i won't be using and no derailleur for..

2 issues..the CR bolts are the type that screws into the small ring and the spider arm CR bolt holes are smaller than 'normal'. So..you need some more traditional but still for Campagnolo carbon cranks CR bolts then some thin spacers to use under CR bolts as you mount a single ring.

tuscanyswe
11-14-2017, 06:52 AM
Thank you Peter, appreciated as always!

Hmm that 44/39 option sounds bit more attractive as of now..