PDA

View Full Version : Canti fork options?

Luwabra
11-07-2017, 03:55 PM
who makes a 400mm ish carbon canti fork 1 1/8 straight 55mm offset or close that will take a 44mm + tire? anything? maybe something from past production i can't find anything currently out there.

maybe i wouldnt notice if it were 45mm offset?? 10mm seems a pretty big jump to me.

the specs ^ are from the stock fork which im sure is great but expecting it to be HEAVY.

eBAUMANN
11-07-2017, 03:57 PM
what frame is this?
55mm is a weird number for cx fork rake
depending on the head tube angle you might be better off with something else.

Luwabra
11-07-2017, 03:59 PM
BMC monster cx

http://blackmtncycles.com/tech-info/frame-geometry/

open to any suggestions. i know not about geo and how changing it will affect handling of what was originally designed for/ ride characteristics. any help appreciated.

eBAUMANN
11-07-2017, 04:13 PM
BMC monster cx

http://blackmtncycles.com/tech-info/frame-geometry/

open to any suggestions. i know not about geo and how changing it will affect handling of what was originally designed for/ ride characteristics. any help appreciated.

looking at the angles there, you would probably be fine on a 45/47mm rake fork (which is the "standard" you will find on most carbon stuff out there).

the bmc was likely designed for LARGE (monster cx) tires and front loads, thus the 55 rake on that fork.

if you intend on running tires 40c and under without a load over the front wheel, you will likely find the bike to handle like most other cx bikes youve owned...if youve owned other cx bikes.

Luwabra
11-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Ok great.

Poprad, nature boyi own now Crockett did own. I should also clarify this as a gravel specific build. Thanks e^ for the info

eBAUMANN
11-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Ok great.

Poprad, nature boyi own now Crockett did own. I should also clarify this as a gravel specific build. Thanks e^ for the info

look for something with a 47/48 rake, itll help minimize the toe overlap clearance youll be losing moving off the 55.

plenty of good stuff out there in this dept.

if you ARENT using a mini v front brake, i would recommend sticking to enve/edge if you can fit it into your budget. lots of flexy forks out there, only getting flexier with age ;)

jtbadge
11-07-2017, 04:24 PM
The new version of the Whisky canti fork has a 47mm rake also. It is probably the best bet for a new option, as ENVE has discontinued their canti forks.

44mm tire clearance is going to be tough. The ENVE I had didn't have room to clear a Bruce Gordon.