PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Wahoo Kickr - Campy

tab123
11-05-2017, 02:48 PM
I'm interested if anyone has information on using Campy with the 2017 Wahoo Kickr. Wahoo's website says the Campy freehub adapter is only for the 2014 and 2016 editions of the Kickr. Does that mean the cassette that comes with the 2017 Kickr can be used with Campy without an adapter? I have Campy 11 speed.

I will call Wahoo tomorrow but am hoping one of the resident experts here has more information than I've been able to glean from my web searches.

Thank you.

Heisenberg
11-05-2017, 02:52 PM
I'm interested if anyone has information on using Campy with the 2017 Wahoo Kickr. Wahoo's website says the Campy freehub adapter is only for the 2014 and 2016 editions of the Kickr. Does that mean the cassette that comes with the 2017 Kickr can be used with Campy without an adapter? I have Campy 11 speed.

I will call Wahoo tomorrow but am hoping one of the resident experts here has more information than I've been able to glean from my web searches.

Thank you.

EPS and mechanical work swimmingly with the Wahoo-supplied SRAM 11sp cassette, if that matters.

Tim Porter
11-05-2017, 02:59 PM
I just went through this with Wahoo customer service last week. I haven't tried it yet, but they told me that a Campy cassette would fit on the 2017 Wahoo "freehub" with no change of freehub, so I didn't need to order the Campy adapter. HTH, Tim

tab123
11-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Thank you both. Exactly the information I needed.

R3awak3n
11-05-2017, 03:26 PM
I just went through this with Wahoo customer service last week. I haven't tried it yet, but they told me that a Campy cassette would fit on the 2017 Wahoo "freehub" with no change of freehub, so I didn't need to order the Campy adapter. HTH, Tim

that would be really strange if that worked, wouldn't the freehub spline be different since the kickr comes with a shimano/sram cassette?

regardless, the 11 speed suplied cassette works fine with campy 11, just like a shimano cassette works fine with campy drivetrain

kramnnim
11-05-2017, 04:56 PM
that would be really strange if that worked, wouldn't the freehub spline be different since the kickr comes with a shimano/sram cassette?

regardless, the 11 speed suplied cassette works fine with campy 11, just like a shimano cassette works fine with campy drivetrain

Some freehub bodies work with both Shimano and (most) Campy. Like the one the Tacx Neo comes with.

Idris Icabod
11-05-2017, 04:59 PM
I had the same issue about 2 weeks ago and the mail order place I bought the kickr from gave me 2 different answers and then sold me the Campy free hub that didn't fit!

Called Wahoo, they told me that the supplied cassette works with Campagnolo 11 speed. Ridden it a couple of times, still need to fine tune the shifting a little better.

joosttx
11-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Never had an issue with the supplied cassette on the wahoo kicker and campy record 11