PDA

View Full Version : Riding in Tucson January or February 2018 - wanna go?

HenryA
11-05-2017, 11:33 AM
I’ve visited Tucson the past two winters and had a great time riding. I rented a MTB and rode several different trails in the area. This winter my wife will not be able to get away during this time period but I am thinking about going anyway. I am also thinking about assembling a small group of like minded riders. And that is why I’m posting.

Generally, riders who can enjoy riding with a small group (primarily MTB, but there is lots of road riding as well) and who are flexible in their wants would be welcome. Getting along with others makes you a good fit. If you only want to hammer and not wait on someone fixing a flat, you might want to skip this. I’m in my early 60s, and by no means any thing like a racer these days, but I ride regularly and year round.

So come for a day or two or a whole week. There might develop opportunities for shared transportation or lodging, but not required. I am thinking of this as a group ride(s) that everyone can join or not as they desire.

I’ve stayed in town at Marriott properties on points and will likely do that again, but could be swayed if there is a better way. Its pretty inexpensive and easy, although lacks a little in scenic splendor. Having several restaurants within a few blocks walking is an advantage to me.

The resorts in the mountains are a little spendy, but someone might know something about that I am not aware of.

If anyone is interested in joining up for riding in the Tucson area, post up here.

lzuk
11-05-2017, 02:24 PM
I’m in Tucson 2/5 thru 2/19 if that works. Always looking for rides

HenryA
11-05-2017, 02:55 PM
I’m in Tucson 2/5 thru 2/19 if that works. Always looking for rides

That sounds like good dates.

Bob Ross
11-05-2017, 04:27 PM
The missus and I will probably be cycling in Tucson around the weekend of Feb. 17th. Will check back in this thread as it gets closer to those dates.

Idris Icabod
11-05-2017, 04:50 PM
I live in Tucson and would be interested in joining a group ride. I know the trails around Oro Valley pretty well in case you want a guide. I work during the week and have small children so weekends or evenings work for me.

The 24 hours in the old pueblo is February 16-18th this year. Registration filled up in about 2 hours but you might consider popping/riding up there to watch for a while. It isn't too far to ride depending on where you stay, Willow Springs near the Biosphere 2 north of Oro Valley.

BobO
11-06-2017, 11:20 AM
I may be able to do some road riding on a weekend in that time frame in the northwest, Oro Valley, Marana, Dove Mountain.

The Race Against Time in Picacho is around then so I'd have to work around that though.