PDA

View Full Version : Brian Piccolo Park Velodrome--Question

Joel
09-19-2006, 06:02 AM
I was wondering if any you are 'regulars' at the Brian Piccolo Park Velodrome in Cooper City FL?

To my complete and utter amazement, our 8 year old son has expressed interest in riding on a track. The very nice folks at the track indicated that they have small track bikes for kids to rent as part of their youth development program. We are heading down there early Saturday morning just to knock around on the track. He's never been on a fixed gear before, so obviously we'll be taking it easy!

So, here is the question for any regulars. What is the general atmosphere there on Saturday morning? Is it pretty low key, or is it crazy? All adults? Some kids?

Thanks!

Joel

rePhil
09-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Interested in hearing about your experience.

Bill Bove
09-20-2006, 08:43 AM
Carlos, who runs the velodrome is one the most helpfull guys in Florida cycling. Call him at the track and he will get you set up.

Joel
09-20-2006, 08:51 AM
Thanks Bill!

I will do that. This should be a very interesting Saturday. I'll post a ride report.

Actually I'm pretty excited to do this too. It's been a long time since I've been on a track.

Joel

Bill Bove
09-20-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm about an hour north of Cooper City, the following Saturday, 9/30 we have our big crit in town. Come on up and check it out. Racing starts around 10am with the age groups and goes all day to the Pro-1/2's around 6pm.

J.Greene
09-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks Bill!

I will do that. This should be a very interesting Saturday. I'll post a ride report.

Actually I'm pretty excited to do this too. It's been a long time since I've been on a track.

Joel

Joel,

Have fun. I'd make the drive from Orlando myself if I didn't have a wedding in Cocoa to attend.

JG