PDA

View Full Version : Problem with chain guide alignment!

pcxmbfj
11-05-2017, 08:10 AM
In the pix below you see the Oneup chain guide mounted on the ISCG of my 2015 Sultan.
The problem is that with all spacers provided the guide doesn't drop over the chain as it should.
Talked to support at Jensen USA where purchased and their only suggest was to move the 25mm spacer on 73mm Hollowtech bottom bracket as normal install requires from driveside to non-driveside.
Require crowd sourced advice from the PL knowledge base of a solution.

One additional note is that there is more bolt thread showing behind the top mount hole than lower for same size bolt (Top pic).

Zee is a single speed crank.

Fatty
11-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Move the chainring over to the middle ring placement on the crankset. Probably get a better chain line for starters.

pcxmbfj
11-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Move the chainring over to the middle ring placement on the crankset. Probably get a better chain line for starters.

Thanks for the try but single speed crank.

macaroon
11-05-2017, 11:25 AM
Would definitely remove the 2.5mm spacer and place on the NDS; you'll end up with a better chainline aswell.

macaroon
11-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Also, it doesn't look like your crank is pushed far enough in to the bottom bracket either?! Have you tried whacking it with a mallet?

cmbicycles
11-05-2017, 01:48 PM
You have a 73 BB shell, correct? I cant tell from the picture how it is setup, but would normally be using one spacer on the drive side unless the chain guide mounts behind the bb cup in which case that takes the place of the spacer. I can't quite see how it is setup, so maybe it is already setup to spec.

pcxmbfj
11-05-2017, 04:48 PM
cmbicycles,
it is a 73mm bb and I ,today, pull the Shimano bb and moved the 25mm spacer to the ND side.
The guide almost clears now but I removed it and intend calling Turner tomorrow.
Can't remember if they faced the BB.
I believe the move did improve the chainline so leaving it as is for now.

Thanks for everyone's suggestion.

pcxmbfj
11-07-2017, 12:43 PM
Got in touch with Turner yesterday, super guys. I had a bike accident before completing this bike and ten months later mounted the chain ring on the outer side because it had ledges. Turner and Jarett sent pix showing a inner mount, said I probably didn't even need the guide with a NW ring.

Put in 10 miles yesterday, no problem.

Several of you recognized some issues.

Thanks for the responses.