PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Richard
09-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Maybe this should be in the classifieds, but advice is what I seek, not sales. I have a lot of 8 speed stuff -- DA sti levers, deraileur, cassettes (mtb and road), loose cogs, other sundry items, older aero bars, mini pumps, and other stuff, ranging in condition from new or near new to worn, but serviceable. I really don't have the patience or think that it's worth enough to list most of the stuff individually. A couple of the new XTR cassettes, maybe, but the rest, eh...I am also not to keen on tossing it, it is serviceable. Any advice on what to do -- a "surprise bag" sale? Any charities that might take on this kind of stuff? I would list it here, but I do believe that the majority of you are onto high end 10s and would find this way off your mark.

Ken Robb
09-18-2006, 02:03 PM
well maybe you could list the main items and ask for offers for the whole shebang including shipping. I know I would hate to toss stuff that is serviceable but I wouldn't want to mess around packing/shipping $5-10 items either. You might be surprised at what some folks here still use. I have 3 seven speed bikes to balance my 9 and 10 speed steeds and DBRK has a museum's worth of everything.

BoulderGeek
09-18-2006, 02:12 PM
whoops, just ordered everything I need from Performance. the sale was too good.

Richard
09-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Well, you've convinced me to do an inventory and a listing. I guess the new/near new will be listed for sale seperately and the other stuff will hopefully go to someone who wants it all. As to shipping to CO, new XTR/near new XT should be worth effort. I'll list them after I inventory it.

Thanks

CalfeeFly
09-19-2006, 01:44 PM
If you use the Priority Mail flat rate boxes you can simplify the shipping cost process as you sell your items. Good luck with it.

xlbs
09-19-2006, 02:06 PM
be interested in some of your 8 sp sti items...I'll watch for your inventory listings, or you can send me a pm...thanks,

Ian

saab2000
09-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Go to a bike swap meet. Price the stuff to sell, not to line your pockets. Used bike stuff like that is worth pennies on the dollar. Hate to say it but it's true. Some stuff you may have to offer for free. No joke. But free stuff has a lot of takers.

If you're lucky you will leave the swap meet with less stuff than you came with.

Swap meets are really cool and you can occasionally find something really neat or even really useful.