PDA

View Full Version : Boston area peeps - know anything about Apex Velo?

FastforaSlowGuy
10-28-2017, 03:06 PM
Drove by this place in Newton on the way to a meeting. Seems cool. How have I never heard of it? Anyone know who is behind it?

ApexVelo.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce K
10-28-2017, 04:12 PM
He opened acouple of years ago.

I think he was going to focus on higher end stuff.

Don’t remember the guy’s name.

BK

wc1934
10-28-2017, 04:17 PM
Drove by this place in Newton on the way to a meeting. Seems cool. How have I never heard of it? Anyone know who is behind it?

ApexVelo.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

never heard of them - their group rides in dover/medfield etc is exactly where I ride -wonder if they are new -

sparky33
10-28-2017, 04:34 PM
Apex Velo is alright from what I can tell. They have a curated selection of mid-high end bikes and apparel. The mechanics are friendly and competent. They are a Mosaic dealer which is cool. I’ve seen Colnago, Giant, a remarkable Budnitz, and one or two other exotic brands that I’ve not heard of and can’t recall.
The guy who seems to run the place is named Mark Stasnick.
It’s worth stopping in for a look.
They don’t have a lot of foot traffic but I hope they’ve figured it a way to run the place because it’s more interesting than the big box stores in the area.

sparky33
10-28-2017, 05:29 PM
never heard of them - their group rides in dover/medfield etc is exactly where I ride -wonder if they are new -

Do you know where and when their rides meet?
I ride early weekday mornings with assorted tribes from Peets in Wellesley. We often see the COD Cutler Park group... maybe others. Apex is down there too?

wc1934
10-28-2017, 05:43 PM
Do you know where and when their rides meet?
I ride early weekday mornings with assorted tribes from Peets in Wellesley. We often see the COD Cutler Park group... maybe others. Apex is down there too?

from their website:
http://apexvelo.com/community/group-rides

jwess1234
10-28-2017, 06:08 PM
Stopped by a few times before moving from Boston to San Francisco. Really nice guys, cool bikes, seemed to care about customer experience a lot with the service they were providing and the rides.

AND they let me demo a beautiful Mosaic for "as long a ride you want," without any charge, which is not the norm, e.g., Above Category.

Worth stopping in to check out.

sandyrs
10-28-2017, 08:18 PM
I bought a helmet there once. Super nice folks. Don’t know much beyond that. They carry some interesting brands though. I think they have Bastion, which is super rare.

yashcha
10-28-2017, 09:02 PM
Had coffee in concord with one of the owners while riding last summer. Very knowledgeable guy and clearly passionate about cycling and gear. I will try to drop by that shop when I visit the Boston area as it is also new to me.

Ttx1
10-29-2017, 04:40 AM
Very close to me - they have more or less filled the gap created by the departure of International Bike. I’d much rather give these guys some business than the Trekalized dealer. Brian in the shop knows his stuff.

abr5
10-29-2017, 06:20 AM
I bought some shoes (rs-321) from them, Mark helped me out. He spent a good amount of time (20-30 minutes) fitting different shoes with me and discussing the foot problems I've had in the past. The shoes didn't work out in the end after a month of riding in them and they took them back for a full refund. I've been in there a few times, always have had a good experience. Plus they offer you beer and coffee and give out water bottles on occasion.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

sparky33
10-30-2017, 07:22 AM
I bought a helmet there once. Super nice folks. Don’t know much beyond that. They carry some interesting brands though. I think they have Bastion, which is super rare.
Bastion (http://bastion-cycles.com/)!!!
That's the one I saw in the shop. It was quite something...making other drool-worthy composite bicycles look quaint by comparison. I'm sure the pricing is bonkers.