PDA

View Full Version : changing from Look to Shimano cleats & pedals... advise?

Dr Luxurious
10-27-2017, 08:04 PM
Gonna give Shimano a shot.

Is there anything I should know about aligning the Shimano SPD-SL (yellow) cleats versus Look Keo?

Like, maybe Shimano is X.XXmm lower/higher so drop/raise your seat, etc.

Also, is the center line mark on Shimano equivalent to the mark on Looks? IE maybe the CL of the Shimanos is known to be X.XXmm more foreward than the Keos or something similar?

Black Dog
10-27-2017, 11:05 PM
Centre marks are the same. As for the height, only a few mm difference. Google each model of pedal that you have and are switching to to get the exact heights. I made the switch from look keo to shimano and have not looked back. ;)

oldpotatoe
10-28-2017, 06:55 AM
Gonna give Shimano a shot.

Is there anything I should know about aligning the Shimano SPD-SL (yellow) cleats versus Look Keo?

Like, maybe Shimano is X.XXmm lower/higher so drop/raise your seat, etc.

Also, is the center line mark on Shimano equivalent to the mark on Looks? IE maybe the CL of the Shimanos is known to be X.XXmm more foreward than the Keos or something similar?

Good call...put the cleat in the same relative position as the look cleats(if you are happy with look cleat placement)...and go ride before you change seat height. Differences in height are teeny.

floxy1
10-28-2017, 07:10 AM
Good timing as I just swapped over from basic Keo model to 9100 yesterday. Got the cleats very close lining up reference marks on shoe. Did a couple minutes on the rollers but only had to tweak very slightly. I didn’t notice any difference in height but need a ride to confirm. The difference in wider platform and tighter engagement felt good to me.

Tickdoc
10-28-2017, 08:31 AM
Enjoy the stable platform and the walking when off the bike.

Dr Luxurious
10-28-2017, 02:29 PM
cool. thanks!