PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale bags Boonen!!

BdaGhisallo
09-17-2006, 09:38 AM
So the word is out that Cannondale have apparently broken the bank and signed up as bike sponsor for QuickStep-Innergetic next year. I would imagine they will put Tornado Tom on their new System Six flagship model. That bike should alleviate concerns he has had with frame stiffness, with Time having to build him special beefed up versions of its VXR and VXRS frames.

This sounds like a great shot in the arm for 'Dale and should see them take the Benelux consumer bike market by storm, much like they did in Italy when they signed the team of Mr Cipollini back in 1997.

coylifut
09-17-2006, 09:41 AM
So the word is out that Cannondale have apparently broken the bank and signed up as bike sponsor for QuickStep-Innergetic next year. I would imagine they will put Tornado Tom on their new System Six flagship model. That bike should alleviate concerns he has had with frame stiffness, with Time having to build him special beefed up versions of its VXR and VXRS frames.

This sounds like a great shot in the arm for 'Dale and should see them take the Benelux consumer bike market by storm, much like they did in Italy when they signed the team of Mr Cipollini back in 1997.

i heard that a couple of weeks ago and was shocked. i can't imagine going to Belgium and seeing C'Dales rolling around like we see Treks here in the US.

swoop
09-17-2006, 09:57 AM
the next queston is .. who will bag csc?

BdaGhisallo
09-17-2006, 10:13 AM
I am fairly sure that Cervelo have them locked up for a few more years yet on the frame front. For CSC I think the big unknown is whether they will go with SRAM. They were testing it earlier in the year and SRAM has been a chain and cassette sponsor for the last few seasons. Going with SRAM might see them forsake their lucrative FSA deal, or not. Maybe they will again go with a hodgepodge and simply sub the Force shifters and derrailleurs for the Dura Ace gear that they presently have to pay for since they don't use complete Shimano groups. Such is the hyper-competitive world of Pro Tour sponsorship!

I have heard that Davitamon-Lotto might be riding Specialized and SRAM next season!

swoop
09-17-2006, 10:50 AM
there are two companies that have been heavily pursuing csc. and it is not a lock for cervelo... and sram is also involved with one of the companies.

Avispa
09-17-2006, 11:11 AM
They are with CSC until 2009, for now:
http://www.cervelo.com/reviews/Cervelo%20Team%20CSC%20Re-sign%20REL.pdf

Jason E
09-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Mmmmmmmmmm......... Cannondales in Q-S Blue. That would be Purdy.

chrisroph
09-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Sounds like cannondale will bag some classics in '07.

mike p
09-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Quite a catch for C-Dale, I hope he dosen't test positive for something or other in the spring.

Mike

catulle
09-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Great job by Astana taking two of the three top places. Disco won the team prize. Great job by Vino and Valverde. Pereiro showed the wear and tear from that other raced called the Tour. Nice show. Over 60kph on the flats of La Castellana. I heart Madrid. I heart La Vuelta. :banana:

John H.
09-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Doesn't Riis Cycling own the distribution rights for Cervelo in Europe?