PDA

View Full Version : Breezier Inversion

Schredder
10-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Greetings!

The Breezer Inversion has caught my eye as a great value
All road bike. There are very few on line reviews. Anyone here that can provide some feedback?

Thanks

Chris

eBAUMANN
10-20-2017, 03:06 PM
uh....are those seat tube angles for real? (https://media.performancebike.com/images/performance/productinfo/31-8603-SIZING.gif)

edit - NOPE, they are not for real (http://www.breezerbikes.com/bikes/specs/inversion-team), performance bike linked the wrong chart...nice one PB!

the most entertaining thing to me about bikes like this is how by changing literally ONE spec on a frame (bb drop...by less than 1cm), "the industry" managed to create a "new" segment of bikes.
that chart = cx bike, except the bb is lower than would be ideal...thats it.
nice looking bike for sure, i will just never understand why it needs to exist alongside "cx" bikes, which I guess are intimidating to some people? or something?
i feel like people associate the "cx" designation with "racing" and if you dont consider yourself a "racer" than those bikes arent "for you."
enter...."gravel bikes?"

so heres a crazy idea...why dont we all just buy cx frames with 70mm BB drop and a PF30 bb, then install a beer comp eccentric bb.
now, not only can our bikes be a singlespeed if desired, but you have the ability to add or subtract ~5mm of bb drop depending on the type of riding you are looking to do.
a true 2 in 1 bike! wow!

/rant

/almost ;)

the fork on the inversion is kinda cool, certainly unique.
would have loved to see them throw one more mount on the side of it for salsa anything cage purposes but maybe its not quite rated for the loads those cages would tempt people to put on there.

all that said, its a nice looking bike with good geometry for its intended purpose, i just think its a shame to limit these bikes' off-road abilities in the name of a few extra mm.
though i guess the limitations cut both ways...as significant a boost for on-road use as it is a detriment for off-road pedal clearance.
zero's itself out i guess...

ok ill stop now, bored at work... :)