PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to the "Other" Kirk

Smiley
09-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Well Karin , were so glad your logged on and an active participant since we rely so much on Capt. Kirk to settle our technical disputes and anything else related to motor cross. Were glad your giving us the other Kirk view points.
Happy Birthday and soon we'll come ride in the Bozeman tour one day. Hope Big Dave takes you out for a nice dinner :)

catulle
09-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Oh my, poor Karin...! My wife's birthday was yesterday :eek: No, just kidding, my wife is the best person I've ever known. Happy birthday. May you ride your Terraplane in good health for many, many years to come...!

Ginger
09-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Happy Birthday Karin! Woo Hoo! It snowed just for you, didn't it.

Tailwinds
09-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Happy birthday, Karin! Hope you're enjoying "your" snow. I still remember our fun ride up Hyalite Canyon. Hope we can ride together again soon in MT or CO -- decisions, decisions... :rolleyes:

H.Frank Beshear
09-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Happy Birthday Karin make Dave take you someplace nice for dinner. Well at least make sure the napkins aren't in a dispenser. :D

Karin Kirk
09-16-2006, 11:34 PM
That is so sweet to have my very own birthday thread! Thanks for the kind words.

Alas, we did not go out for dinner. We had friends over and we made tons of pesto with fresh basil from the garden. We froze 7 batches of the pesto, then ate the 8th batch for dinner. Yum. And not a napkin dispenser in sight.

Oh, and tiramisu for dessert. What a meal!

-Karin

Ginger
09-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Hmmm, please add the pesto recipe to the garlic thread!

Sounds like you had a lovely birthday evening.

Wishing you many more.

Mary Ann

H.Frank Beshear
09-17-2006, 12:10 AM
Yumm, I like pesto. We always plant lots of herbs in the spring. I stopped planting tomatos someones always giving away the extras. I make basil cubes and freeze them as well. Basil in the blender with just enough olive oil to loosen it up then freeze it in ice cube trays. Not quite the same as fresh but in January it taste like a bit of summer. Glad you had a great birthday, may you have many more. Frank