PDA

View Full Version : Conti Sprinter Tubular ?

D-Squared
12-19-2003, 06:41 PM
I seem to recall the mechanic that showed me how to install tubulars saying there was a forwards/backwards direction to tread patterns on tubulars. I had Corsas put on my bike at that time and there was a noticeable tread pattern so this made sense. He said the label side of the tire should be on the drivetrain side of the bike.

But now I'm riding on Conti Sprinters and there isn't a pattern that would indicate which way to put them on. Of course, I finally got around to changing out my much overdue rear tire last night when I was much too tired to remember that pearl of wisdom and with a 50-50 chance at putting the tire on correctly I woke up this morning to find out the label wasn't on the drivetrain side. Bummer.

Is this a problem and should I take it off, reclean the wheel and then remount it???

Thanks,
D2

jerk
12-19-2003, 09:46 PM
no....it doesn't matter on a sprinter...and it doesn't matter with any tire if it was the front wheel. just turn the qr around...

D-Squared
12-20-2003, 01:47 AM
Thanks,
I knew I was in trouble when I started changing the tire when I was tired.

Is it true about the label going on the drivetrain side though?

D2

csm
12-20-2003, 12:04 PM
just make sure you have your socks on the right feet. that really sucks when you get it wrong.