PDA

View Full Version : Question for Florida folk

flydhest
09-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Any of you near Hollywood, Florida and if so, should I try to join the Doctor who has to be there for business (conference or something) the first week of December?

Bill Bove
09-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Sure, why not? Even Hollywood beats D.C. in December. Avispa can get you hooked up with any of the group rides down there. I'd avoid the Sheridan ride like the plague though, some of those Miami rides can get crazy. There is a nice century a little farther down in Homestead in December I think. Need Abike while you're here? PM me.

djg
09-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Young man, step away from the financial data and think. December, Florida, sunshine, Dr. Betterhalf, medicinewoman or ... in this corner, you break out the booties for laps around Haines Point in the 40s and go home alone?

Keith A
09-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Okay, you're one them smart guys right? Look at the chart below and then choose :D

(I had to edit out some of the months so the graph would load)

Tom Byrnes
09-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Move that seminar-conference to the real Hollywood and come out West with the good Doctor.
:banana: :beer: :)

Tom

Keith A
09-15-2006, 01:52 PM
As for riding, Rudy would know much better than I as I'm a couple of hours north of Hollywood. Do let me know if you come down...if the timing is right, I might be up for a drive to do a ride with you and Rudy.

flydhest
09-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Thank you for the most excellent replies. I assumed that the hotel was putting on it's best face, so I couldn't tell if the area was a horrendous tourist trap that ought to be avoided like the Sheridan ride of Bove fame, or it was a pleasant part of the Sunshine State.

Bill, I'll be in contact. I'll likely be more interested in non-competitive type rides. Plague will be avoided.

Keith, I'll let you know when it's certain. It would be great to see you again.

Dan, good point. You forgot that it will also likely be drizzling.

Tom, why don't you and Debbie come out and join us? http://www.diplomatresort.com/Hotel_Information

Keith A
09-15-2006, 02:06 PM
One thing to be aware of...don't expect that you'll be in some remote beachside town...

http://www.condohotelcenter.com/images/trump-hollywood-beach.jpg

znfdl
09-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Fly:

If you stay up here come over for a medium rare dry aged ribeye and a good bottle of red fermented grape juice.

Zin.

Keith A
09-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Check out Google Earth to give you an idea of what the area looks like. BTW, if you type in the address, it is the build just north of what shows up -- the one with the two pools.

Avispa
09-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Hey fly!

Come on down.... I do not recommend riding in or around Hollywood, FL it is too urban. Neither I do group rides often in Miami... But if you are willing to drive south about 25 miles, I will be glad to take you riding on some nice country roads away from traffic...

Just PM me with info and when you plan to be in town and I will plan accordingly.

It will be a pleasure to meet and help another forum member!

Smiley
09-15-2006, 04:47 PM
South Beach , and break out the beach cruiser Fly

Serotta PETE
09-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Move that seminar-conference to the real Hollywood and come out West with the good Doctor.
:banana: :beer: :)

Tom

To make the decision harder - - I will even come out to Tom's at that time. THe three of us could really put a dent in the red wine stock!!!

Pete

dave thompson
09-15-2006, 05:01 PM
To make the decision harder - - I will even come out to Tom's at that time. THe three of us could really put a dent in the red wine stock!!!

Pete
Pete: If you go see Tom in Cali, you could receive a bottle of Bookwalter!

Serotta PETE
09-15-2006, 05:05 PM
Pete: If you go see Tom in Cali, you could receive a bottle of Bookwalter!

THat sounds great...I plan on going out to see him and ride. I am trying to get him to take some time off and ride and drink and drink!!!! hopefully you can deliver the bottle and ride and drink also............thanks

GoJavs
09-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Hey fly!

Come on down.... I do not recommend riding in or around Hollywood, FL it is too urban. But if you are willing to drive south about 25 miles, I will be glad to take you riding on some nice country roads away from traffic...

Just PM me with info and when you plan to be in town and I will plan accordingly.

It will be a pleasure to meet and help another forum member!

-------------

Count me in...! If you pm' me, I'll show....

drbob
09-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Check out www.westonflyers.com for fast (like Sheridan) and safe (not like Sheridan) group rides. Weston is 15 minutes west of Hollywood and has great open roads We've also got three Paul Levine Ottrott's as regulars in our group, i.e., we're Serotta friendly!! :banana: